Polestar Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
No one mentioned a foam insert....damn!
See here:

It has been on the checklist for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
See here:

It has been on the checklist for a couple of weeks.
I'll send CS an email requesting they post me the insert - I'd missed that on the checklist, thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
What was the fix for the rattle behind the steering wheel area please? My brand new car has three really annoying rattles already, and that's one of them :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
What was the fix for the rattle behind the steering wheel area please? My brand new car has three really annoying rattles already, and that's one of them :(
Not 100% sure, but it involved a part as the guys at the garage needed to order it (arrived next day so not on a long lead time).

It is though a known issue and is detailed in the notes about the car that Polestar/ Volvo dealers have access to, hence how they could order the part.

The dealers are clearly very much on a learning curve with car, so any pointers that we can give them from sharing experiences across the forum will be helpful.

If you dealer gets stuck, Robert in the Servicing Dept at Rybrook Volvo Chester will be able to advise.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Thanks - do you have any details about it from anything they provided with you?

I'll be popping in to my local Volvo dealer to get the jack and first aid kit in the next few days or so anyway, so I'll try and remember to ask them then. Useful to know that its a known problem with a known solution.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks - do you have any details about it from anything they provided with you?

I'll be popping in to my local Volvo dealer to get the jack and first aid kit in the next few days or so anyway, so I'll try and remember to ask them then. Useful to know that its a known problem with a known solution.
I don't have any details unfortuantely, I didn't receive any paperwork for that particular visit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not even done 2000 miles yet and picked up a F*****g screw in my rear near side tyre. Too close to sidewall so unrepairable. Irritating but the car is fully maintained so thankfully no cost to me.
Lease Plan deal with National Tyres so they sent me to my local depot.
1st visit, tyre never came in, reappoint.😕
2nd visit, ordered a Dunlop! Reappoint😤
So I got on the phone to Lease Plan’s Tyre line and explained I wanted a direct replacement, a Michelin Primacy 4. They said that was fine and booked me another appointment.
3rd visit, the had a Michelin Pilot 3 & 4 delivered😡
National told me, this is a Polestar specific tyre, even has (POL) on the sidewall. They have no stock and won’t get them in for 8-10 weeks!!
I called my local Volvo dealer who told me that they have one in stock which I could get sent up to my local garage. Lease Plan organised this so...
4th visit. 1st to Volvo, they couldn’t find the tyre so never sent it🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬!
Still waiting to hear if I’m getting a tyre next week, next month or next year.
Surely Polestar must insist on spare parts being available?
Not impressed...
Yeah, and I checked with my local tire dealer (Discount Tire) because I figured they would be expensive and wanted to save up since you can't rotate them. Wow, $240 per tire and they can't even get them. So when you do need them not sure where you get them from.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I just paid over $350 a corner for my Pirelli Sotozero 3s.

·
Registered
696 Posts
It's funny, my car had the rattle on day 1, and maybe on day 2. I haven't heard it since.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Mine has 3 rattles :mad:

I'm in the process of checking with Polestar UK about this nonsense of only being allowed to fit original-fit Polestar tyres to keep the warranty. It's clearly illegal and points to some over-zealousness somewhere in the system that needs clarifying/ironing out.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Well then, I guess I violated the warranty. But what if I had had a terrible accident because of using the provided summer tires in temperatures below 40 degrees? Especially as there was (and is) nothing on offer in the immediate future from Polestar? Or that Manhattan Motors let me drive off in the snow with summers?

Whatever, I'm glad to have the winter sneakers on now.

BTW, the mechanic didn't check the A pillar. The tires were at 35 psi when I got home. Mechanics around here aren't used to the high pressure required by heavy BEVs.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I had a look and it is indeed 41psi here too (not that I'd expect it to be different). I've pumped them up to 41psi but the ride is really hard now, it was so much smoother on 36psi but there you go. Maybe the supplied tyre inflator is some way under-reading! Might take it to a garage to get a more accurate reading to "calibrate" the tyre pressure inflator.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Purchased a new continental ContiSport 6 tire. 245 40/R20 V99 for my PP. Cost a lot, $485 before taxes. Discovered the V99 variant is an all season with 250 tread life putting it at 75K miles of life. Really happy to know I can expect 3 years or so out of them. Now I have a backup sitting in my garage.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts