Polestar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my P2 now for 10 months and done 10k miles. From pretty much the beginning I've had a rattle from the nearside rear seatbelt hanger area. Of course, I've ignored it and only been annoyed by it on the 4 or so long-distance trips I've done, every time thinking I must get it looked at. Laziness or lack of time has meant I haven't bothered. That is until this week. Boy should I should have done this ages ago. It's like driving a different car with nothing but deafening silence coming from the back.
Interestingly I dropped the car off armed with video evidence (as the rattle wasn't constant). The technician said, "yeah it's fine, I've had a few in with the same issue, I'll have it sorted".
This is the second time the car has been in for an issue and again I can't fault Polestar CS or the local Volvo garage.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any ideas what they did to fix?
The only info I got was from the reception desk as it was late when I picked it up, the technicians were away home. All they said was a loose plastic fitting up in the C pillar. That could mean anything so sorry can't be any more informative.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The only info I got was from the reception desk as it was late when I picked it up, the technicians were away home. All they said was a loose plastic fitting up in the C pillar. That could mean anything so sorry can't be any more informative.
Did they provide any sort of receipt or report that includes a reference to the fix (like below)? I want to send the car for a second time because the rattle is just getting worse but still impossible to locate. I had 3 people try and the only outcome was an argument about where it may be coming from. If there is a repair reference or TJ, I can at least make a suggestion. Otherwise, I will have to drive an hour+ and then hope there are roads near the Space where I can recreate the problem.

Grey Font Rectangle Parallel Magenta

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did they provide any sort of receipt or report that includes a reference to the fix (like below)? I want to send the car for a second time because the rattle is just getting worse but still impossible to locate. I had 3 people try and the only outcome was an argument about where it may be coming from. If there is a repair reference or TJ, I can at least make a suggestion. Otherwise, I will have to drive an hour+ and then hope there are roads near the Space where I can recreate the problem.

View attachment 7860
@FirstEV I didn't get a report. I have a video of what the rattle was like beforehand. If we can work out a way that I can get the video to you and it sounds like what you have I am more than happy to call the garage tomorrow. Is it possible for you to give me your email address in a private chat?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would welcome the solution as well (not the noise). It may not be my rear right shock after all. I do have a click or tic tic. It could plastic near the seat belt by i do not want to open all the plastic by the rear seat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@FirstEV I didn't get a report. I have a video of what the rattle was like beforehand. If we can work out a way that I can get the video to you and it sounds like what you have I am more than happy to call the garage tomorrow. Is it possible for you to give me your email address in a private chat?
Thanks! I have been able to capture the sound via audio; can you confirm it is the same rattle that you hear? If you raise the volume on the audio linked below, you will hear a chirp/***** that trails each major thump.

Rattle/Chirp on rough surfaces

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@FirstEV. Ive uploaded to youtube. I don't think it sounds like your issue but see what you think. rattle video

·
Registered
15 Posts
@FirstEV. Ive uploaded to youtube. I don't think it sounds like your issue but see what you think. rattle video
That sounds EXACTLY like the rattle I have!
Were you easily able to identify the area, or did you think it was in the front first?
I can't seem to locate where mine is coming from and squeezing/pressing everything in reach while driving makes no difference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds EXACTLY like the rattle I have!
Were you easily able to identify the area, or did you think it was in the front first?
I can't seem to locate where mine is coming from and squeezing/pressing everything in reach while driving makes no difference.
No it was always obvious it was coming from that rear C pillar. I sat in the back and pressed, pulled, tightened the seatbelt, stuffed tissue under the seatbelt tension thing at the top. Nothing worked until the good people of Volvo had it. Now fixed.
I'll get on to them today to get a works report.

·
Registered
Polestar 2
8 Posts
Anyone get a rattle on the driver side b pillar/seatbelt height adjustment? Every time I thought I've addressed it the noise comes back a few days later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No it was always obvious it was coming from that rear C pillar. I sat in the back and pressed, pulled, tightened the seatbelt, stuffed tissue under the seatbelt tension thing at the top. Nothing worked until the good people of Volvo had it. Now fixed.
I'll get on to them today to get a works report.
I have the rattle in the C-pillar; would also be grateful for the works report to show to help my local helpful Volvo guys sort it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Works report -
Smile Handwriting Rectangle Font Circle

Response in the body of the email -

Font Logo Brand Number Graphics

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the information, I get the same rattle but from the nsf seat belt housing, as the nearest Volvo dealer is a 60 mile round trip I couldn't be bothered to get it seen to. But now you have raised it, it is starting to annoy me.

Strange though that I only hear it when I am alone in the car it must be the wife's talking drowning it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts