Polestar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With adjustable height I tend to keep my seat pretty high. I like to see where the front of the car ends.
But I had a little play last night on the way home & lowered the seat all the way down, altered the steering wheel to suit. It transforms the feel of driving completely. With the raised centre console you are truly cocooned. I'm not sure if the cockpit enhances the feeling or if these seats do have a lot more range than the others I've sat in.
The comfort is tremendous too. The headrest is where you want it to be. Lumbar support isn't just the feeling of a knee in your back.
If Volvo seats have always been like this I wish I'd bought one years ago.
For those awaiting their cars it's yet another reason to be excited. For North Americans- shame you can't get the full benefit of the headlights. They still amaze me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
With adjustable height I tend to keep my seat pretty high. I like to see where the front of the car ends.
But I had a little play last night on the way home & lowered the seat all the way down, altered the steering wheel to suit. It transforms the feel of driving completely. With the raised centre console you are truly cocooned. I'm not sure if the cockpit enhances the feeling or if these seats do have a lot more range than the others I've sat in.
The comfort is tremendous too. The headrest is where you want it to be. Lumbar support isn't just the feeling of a knee in your back.
If Volvo seats have always been like this I wish I'd bought one years ago.
For those awaiting their cars it's yet another reason to be excited. For North Americans- shame you can't get the full benefit of the headlights. They still amaze me.
Volvo seats have been widely considered some of the best on the market for a very long time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Actually my Polestar is my first "volvo" in a way and I must admit the seats are great! I come mainly from Audi and my last car was a jeep and I clearly see a big difference!
The seats are great, the overall seating position is great and customisable enough...but the central console hard plastic right on your knee could be much better (soft plastic would help already!)

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually my Polestar is my first "volvo" in a way and I must admit the seats are great! I come mainly from Audi and my last car was a jeep and I clearly see a big difference!
The seats are great, the overall seating position is great and customisable enough...but the central console hard plastic right on your knee could be much better (soft plastic would help already!)
For the plastic. All you need is a drill

·
Registered
364 Posts
@dave being quite tall, I like to have the seat as low as possible, and was pleased that the seats went quite low in this car.

Normally electric seats are restricted by the mechanism and can't go low enough for me!

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Seems a bit too drastic to me ;)
I was more thinking to glue a mouse pad on this piece of plastic ...
Ah yes, that cool, minimalist aesthetic of hot-glued, mouse pads!

Reactions: Terran

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
You could use one of those mouse pads with the gel wrist support bulge things. Super comfy!
Ingenlath would be horrified at the thought.

Reactions: Snood

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well, playing devil's advocate, they -could- have used soft materials down there. You know, like every other 50k car...

That's my one real niggle about the interior - the scratchy, hard, unyielding materials in places you regularly come into contact with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts