Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I washed my new Polestar 2 for the first time with the key in my pocket.
The doors were constantly unlocking and locking while water was running over the door handles.
While drying the car I also noticed water / moisture on the inside of the windows!
The windows are rolled up entirely, I double checked.

Is there anyone else who experienced these issues as well?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The doors were constantly unlocking and locking while water was running over the door handles.
While drying the car I also noticed water / moisture on the inside of the windows!

I think the key in your pocket is triggering the unlock feature.

·
Premium Member
3,425 Posts

That happened to me with my 2009 328i with "comfort access." The somewhat annoying solution is to put the key at a distance or within some sort of RFID blocking bag and then wash the car. I'd also check to make sure you're not directing any sort of high-pressure water stream at a door or window joint when you're rinsing off.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
That happened with my 2016 F-Pace and 2018 Stinger ... not sure what you are asking?

Yes it's normal ... yes it's annoying .. just keep the key inside the house ... it's what I've done for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Volvo V90 - happens all the time with the key near and the water jet stream touching the sensor on the door handles. Therefor - put away Your key while washing the car :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for confirming that I have to keep the key or phone (in the near future) away from the car in order to prevent it from lighting up like a christmass tree when I wash the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The same happened to me and I didn’t have the key in my pocket it was annoying that it kept locking unlocking and didn’t make much sense after I read the manual in some detail.

A more serious problem: I was using a jet hose spraying from about a metre away and when I opened the passenger door, there was a fair amount of water on the front seat and foot well. Has anyone else experienced this

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
It’s also annoying that you can’t keep the key in your pocket. I put it in my house went out and washed my car then wanted to wipe down the inside but had to go back at the house to get my key. Seems strange you can’t sort this

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
The same happened to me and I didn’t have the key in my pocket it was annoying that it kept locking unlocking and didn’t make much sense after I read the manual in some detail.

A more serious problem: I was using a jet hose spraying from about a metre away and when I opened the passenger door, there was a fair amount of water on the front seat and foot well. Has anyone else experienced this
A few people with rear windows and not front one's ...

·
Registered
236 Posts

A jet hose spray from a pressure washer is extremely forceful. If you have ever put your hand in front of one, by being extremely stupid, like I did once, you will know! BUT DON'T EVER TRY THIS BY THE WAY. It can almost take your skin off. This pressure would certainly find any small joint weaknesses. I would suggest that you step back a bit and don't spray directly into the joints of the doors or alternately decrease the pressure sufficiently to ensure that the ingress doesn't happen. It really shouldn't get into the car. As an experiment try hosing the car down under normal pressure and see if it still happens. If it does you may have a problem with the seals. Unlikely though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A jet hose spray from a pressure washer is extremely forceful. If you have ever put your hand in front of one, by being extremely stupid, like I did once, you will know! BUT DON'T EVER TRY THIS BY THE WAY. It can almost take your skin off. This pressure would certainly find any small joint weaknesses. I would suggest that you step back a bit and don't spray directly into the joints of the doors or alternately decrease the pressure sufficiently to ensure that the ingress doesn't happen. It really shouldn't get into the car. As an experiment try hosing the car down under normal pressure and see if it still happens. If it does you may have a problem with the seals. Unlikely though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for that. I’ve actually had a electric water spray for a number of years and I wasn’t pointing at the seals. I was pointing it at the doors and I think some of the water went through the seals. I’ll try more gently next time and see what happens.

·
Registered
159 Posts

This is completely normal for cars with keyless entry. Leave your keys away from the car and it will stop doing this :)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Put you car keys in the car when washing

·
Registered
40 Posts

Happened to me as well especially when I hosed the suds off on the doors. You need to not have the key on you when you wash it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts