Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I washed my new Polestar 2 for the first time with the key in my pocket.
The doors were constantly unlocking and locking while water was running over the door handles.
While drying the car I also noticed water / moisture on the inside of the windows!
The windows are rolled up entirely, I double checked.

Is there anyone else who experienced these issues as well?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The doors were constantly unlocking and locking while water was running over the door handles.
While drying the car I also noticed water / moisture on the inside of the windows!

I think the key in your pocket is triggering the unlock feature.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts

That happened to me with my 2009 328i with "comfort access." The somewhat annoying solution is to put the key at a distance or within some sort of RFID blocking bag and then wash the car. I'd also check to make sure you're not directing any sort of high-pressure water stream at a door or window joint when you're rinsing off.

·
Registered
694 Posts
That happened with my 2016 F-Pace and 2018 Stinger ... not sure what you are asking?

Yes it's normal ... yes it's annoying .. just keep the key inside the house ... it's what I've done for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Volvo V90 - happens all the time with the key near and the water jet stream touching the sensor on the door handles. Therefor - put away Your key while washing the car :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for confirming that I have to keep the key or phone (in the near future) away from the car in order to prevent it from lighting up like a christmass tree when I wash the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts