·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Reactions: stefh

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just in case....
I had a similar driver door squeak over rough patches and the local Space solved it with applying silicone lube (e.g. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RGZHFA/ ) to the varied door rubber seals.

Couldn't hurt to try!
Mine developed the same squeaking (exact location was the window frame of the door, on the side that rests against the a-pillar plastic trim). Just had it in to get fixed and can confirm that they did the same thing for me. It seems to be fixed but because it's so temperature dependent, I'm still keeping an eye on it...

Also had the infamous steering column rattle, and that seems to be have been fixed completely.

·
Registered
Awaiting PS2 MY22 Magnesium DMLR standard trim
29 Posts
I could borrow a demo-car for a day and noticed that the driver door was squeeking quite bad when opening. Bit disappointing honestly. Forgot to ask for explanation when I returned it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hopefully the seatbelt fix does the trick. If it isn't that, as you probably read in my post, I had one of the Ohlns dampers replaced as well.
Hy there…

So, now some time has passed. The first replacement belt arrived defective and a second had to be reordered from Sweden.

This was installed today. And? According to the workshop on the phone, the noise is now gone. As soon as I drove 500m the noise was there in the old quality. Has brought nothing.

I will not go to the workshop again. I'm watching now if the noise gets worse over time. Only then I will visit the workshop again.

PS: I have now ordered PTFE spray and will rub the door seals with it. Maybe that still brings something. Otherwise, I'm really at a loss. The B-pillar makes the noise, but maybe it really comes from the dampers? Who knows... I'll let you know if I have any more news. Greetings

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hy there…

So, now some time has passed. The first replacement belt arrived defective and a second had to be reordered from Sweden.

This was installed today. And? According to the workshop on the phone, the noise is now gone. As soon as I drove 500m the noise was there in the old quality. Has brought nothing.

I will not go to the workshop again. I'm watching now if the noise gets worse over time. Only then I will visit the workshop again.

PS: I have now ordered PTFE spray and will rub the door seals with it. Maybe that still brings something. Otherwise, I'm really at a loss. The B-pillar makes the noise, but maybe it really comes from the dampers? Who knows... I'll let you know if I have any more news. Greetings
This is why I don't go to the dealer unless something serious is broken. I don't like the idea that my car was taken apart and put back together by a mechanic. It's never the same as factory assembly. Who knows, they could have created another noise in the process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is why I don't go to the dealer unless something serious is broken. I don't like the idea that my car was taken apart and put back together by a mechanic. It's never the same as factory assembly. Who knows, they could have created another noise in the process.
Yes, I agree with you. I have now also no desire to drive permanently to the workshop because of this squeak. I'll just wait and see, but will try the PTFE spray in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Moon PP Leather
93 Posts
Yes, I agree with you. I have now also no desire to drive permanently to the workshop because of this squeak. I'll just wait and see, but will try the PTFE spray in advance.
As I mentioned in this forum several times, mine had exact same problems. I sent my car to the shop 3 times to fix that issue along others. Noises from the B pillar has never been fixed. Well…. It was reduced significantly, then came back. Anyway, so I applied PTFE all the way around all doors. So far it works well. Noise has been gone almost. Not 100% yet, but I can deal with it. It has been more than 2 weeks so far. So I think spray is the best solution so far. I hope it works for you. I just hate the annoying noises in my car….

·
Registered
7 Posts
As I mentioned in this forum several times, mine had exact same problems. I sent my car to the shop 3 times to fix that issue along others. Noises from the B pillar has never been fixed. Well…. It was reduced significantly, then came back. Anyway, so I applied PTFE all the way around all doors. So far it works well. Noise has been gone almost. Not 100% yet, but I can deal with it. It has been more than 2 weeks so far. So I think spray is the best solution so far. I hope it works for you. I just hate the annoying noises in my car….
Hi Fastiger. Can you tell me what exactly you sprayed with PTFE on the doors? The rubber seals or also hinges etc. ? I hope this will fix this squeaking noise a bit.

PS: Have you listened to my video?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,059 Posts
I sprayed silicone lubricant (probably the same as PTFE spray) on a cloth and wiped it all around the rubber seal on both the door and frame. I've done the same on all 4 doors and the boot too and it's helped a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sprayed silicone lubricant (probably the same as PTFE spray) on a cloth and wiped it all around the rubber seal on both the door and frame. I've done the same on all 4 doors and the boot too and it's helped a lot.
Thanks for your feedback. I have ordere PTFE spray, but not used yet.

After I gave a feedback to polestar customer support, they arranged another workshop who will care about my problem (hopefully more seriously) on 21th September. They will pick up my car at home and I will get a rental car for free. Until then I will wait, if they can fix it.

To be continued…

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used Nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift Rubber Care Stick on all the seals a week after I took receipt. Huge difference. No more squeaks. My go to product for seals over the years. This issue with noises and squeaks is on every forum for each and every car (perhaps not for the ultra luxury vehicles over 300K). The car flexes over bumps, this touches that, things in glovebox, sunglass holder...etc, etc. Do I still hear something sometimes while driving without audio on? Sure, minor things here and there. In past cars I have taken apart plastic covers of the pillars, applied tape here and there, and the gains were minor, if any. Plus, it gets worse with age, like we all do. If something major, louder, easier to address and fix.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I used Nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift Rubber Care Stick on all the seals a week after I took receipt. Huge difference. No more squeaks. My go to product for seals over the years. This issue with noises and squeaks is on every forum for each and every car (perhaps not for the ultra luxury vehicles over 300K). The car flexes over bumps, this touches that, things in glovebox, sunglass holder...etc, etc. Do I still hear something sometimes while driving without audio on? Sure, minor things here and there. In past cars I have taken apart plastic covers of the pillars, applied tape here and there, and the gains were minor, if any. Plus, it gets worse with age, like we all do. If something major, louder, easier to address and fix.
found it on Amazon:

Along with this gem:
Remember to apply on rubber seals in the engine area where they are exposed regularly to extreme heat which causes the rubber to dry and crack.
LOL ICE

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Fastiger. Can you tell me what exactly you sprayed with PTFE on the doors? The rubber seals or also hinges etc. ? I hope this will fix this squeaking noise a bit.

PS: Have you listened to my video?
Hey MichaelPS2.
I applied Dupont Teflon Silicone Lubricant. I sprayed it through rubber seals at the door and at the body frame. I didn't spray over the hinges, though. I applied and leave it for a minutes or two, then spread out with cotton towers to make sure the spray went through thoroughly. I did all 4 doors, just in case. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
And they are invariably more noticeable in an EV.
Not necessarily. I agree EV is much quieter than ICE, but strange noises are the same noticeable for me. To be honest, I have no noise issues on my Volvo v60CC. It is much quieter and more rock-solid than my PS2, honestly.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Not necessarily. I agree EV is much quieter than ICE, but strange noises are the same noticeable for me. To be honest, I have no noise issues on my Volvo v60CC. It is much quieter and more rock-solid than my PS2, honestly.
If you really want quiet, get in a Lexus 560.

·
Registered
California
706 Posts
I used Nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift Rubber Care Stick on all the seals a week after I took receipt. Huge difference. No more squeaks. My go to product for seals over the years.
This is what I’ve used too. I remember learning about it with my Volvo C30.

This issue with noises and squeaks is on every forum for each and every car (perhaps not for the ultra luxury vehicles over 300K).
This seems like something more particular to the way Volvo (and now Polestar) does its door seals. This issue would recur constantly for my C30 (until I’d reapply the above stuff). I had many issues with my Alfa Romeo Giulia, but never the door seals squeaking during body flex like this. Tesla Model 3 does not have top frames on its doors so those seals are also different — but again, no squeaks during body flex.

I’d agree there are rattles and noises with almost every car, but this specific issue I don’t think so.

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is what I’ve used too. I remember learning about it with my Volvo C30.

This seems like something more particular to the way Volvo (and now Polestar) does its door seals. This issue would recur constantly for my C30 (until I’d reapply the above stuff). I had many issues with my Alfa Romeo Giulia, but never the door seals squeaking during body flex like this. Tesla Model 3 does not have top frames on its doors so those seals are also different — but again, no squeaks during body flex.

I’d agree there are rattles and noises with almost every car, but this specific issue I don’t think so.
I totally agree with you, Julianm. This issue is not normal at all, but Polestar doesn't know how to fix. It is very noticeable and very annoying. I have owned numerous cars including a Miata, but this rattling / squeaking noise is something else. If anyone hears it, he/she can easily understand there is something wrong. I think PTFE is a temporary solution and I will need a permanent solution eventually. Once Dallas space open, which will be near my house, I will stop by and discuss with the technician face to face to see what it is and how to fix. We will see.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I think PTFE is a temporary solution and I will need a permanent solution eventually. Once Dallas space open, which will be near my house, I will stop by and discuss with the technician face to face to see what it is and how to fix. We will see.
Good luck unless you plan on keeping your car parked at the Dallas dealer.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts