Polestar Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

Registered
So after a week of Polestar fixing my door squeak, its back... My doors seem to be squeaking primarily from the seals rubbing against the gloss black plastic a-pillar trim; when I press that area with the door closed, it squeaks but doesn't squeak when I press on the door frames with the door open.

I also tried gummi plflege but with frustration, I'm going to try another DYI, hopefully longer term fix. I ordered some 3M transparent squeak reduction film. I'll be applying it to the inner surface of the a pillar trim (where it contacts with the rubber seal). Hoping this will help - will report back with what happens! 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
So after a week of Polestar fixing my door squeak, its back
We've now seen this multiple times. So to anyone thinking about having Polestar take apart your car, take heed that it can only make things worst to undo and redo every connecting pin in your doors, pillars, or seat belts.

Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Moon PP Leather
Good luck unless you plan on keeping your car parked at the Dallas dealer.
What do you mean by "unless you plan on keeping your car parked at the Dallas dealer"???? Is there any issue on Dallas dealer? By the way, they don't open yet and it will not be in Dallas. It will be in Grapevine, which is north west of Dallas. Very curious...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
What do you mean by "unless you plan on keeping your car parked at the Dallas dealer"???? Is there any issue on Dallas dealer? By the way, they don't open yet and it will not be in Dallas. It will be in Grapevine, which is north west of Dallas. Very curious...
The dealers are unable to fix this by disassembling and reassembling your car. So essentially you could leave it there forever and it wouldn't make any difference.

Registered
The dealers are unable to fix this by disassembling and reassembling your car. So essentially you could leave it there forever and it wouldn't make any difference.
Aha! So it sounds like you know what the Polestar space can do and not. Nothing related with Dallas, though, right? Well, it sounds so sad that you cannot trust anyone in PS space. So if you had this kind of issue, what would you do? Are you going to fix it by yourself, for you are the expert? Or you cannot trust anyone? Or just leave it and suffer from the issue forever, for it is not fixable? I don鈥檛 understand what made you to be for sure to say that it is not fixable or PS space cannot fix it. Why do you think the factory assembling is the tightest and once the car is disassembled and assembled again, it will get only worse? By the way, my PS2 had to be disassembled at least 5 times in 4 different parts of it: front dashboard to replace a defect driver side ac vent, center console and rear ac vent to remove a mysterious label blocking the rear ac vent, rear tires and tire housing to replace a defect damper, and of course driver side b pillar and seat belt housing to fix mysterious rattling / squeaking noises. It seems I am the unlucky one and my PS2 is already in quite bad condition!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Well, several service centers have already disassembled and reassembled several cars without success. What makes you think they will do better with yours?

I sure hope you don't think you will have your P2 "forever". I'm not sure it will last that long :D

As for factory assembly. Yes, the factory can always assemble a car better than an 18 y.o. mechanic at your local dealer. It's a lot easier to put things together along with robots as the entire car comes together than to peel away parts. Having said that, if something at the factory has broken, or something went wrong during factory assembly, then certainly going in to fix it will be beneficial. But I'll repeat myself in saying that no dealer has yet been able to successfully fix the squeaking. It is very unlikely that having them disassemble your car will result in a a different outcome, and they could always break something else in the process, or fail to reassemble a particular part properly.

I absolutely think you should pursue any issue with the dealer, including this one. But unless they can give you a different assessment on a fix, I would proceed with caution. I also feel comfortable telling you that some issues can't be fixed by the best dealers/manufacturers. Over the years there have been many known issues with various cars that have simply been accepted over time. They are complex manufactured machines -- they aren't always perfect.

Registered
Hello together.
I found a video on youtube which descirbes my noise very well. In this video you hear a loud click and a lot of high frequency clicking sounds - you need some good loudspeaker to hear both frequencies in the vid. The same as I have. It seems, that my B-Pillar noise comes from one of the Oehlins dampers. I can now reproduce the clicking sound when I turn the steering wheel to the right and drive over slight bumps in the road. In my case it seems, that it will be the damper. Next week on Tuesday the car will be picked up and I will give them this additional information.

Edit: After the owner changed the dampers the noise was gone

Video link:

Registered
Hello together.
I found a video on youtube which descirbes my noise very well. In this video you hear a loud click and a lot of high frequency clicking sounds - you need some good loudspeaker to hear both frequencies in the vid. The same as I have. It seems, that my B-Pillar noise comes from one of the Oehlins dampers. I can now reproduce the clicking sound when I turn the steering wheel to the right and drive over slight bumps in the road. In my case it seems, that it will be the damper. Next week on Tuesday the car will be picked up and I will give them this additional information.

Edit: After the owner changed the dampers the noise was gone

Video link:
I had exact same clicking noises somewhere from the back long time ago. Service center found one of Ohlin dampers was faulty and it was replaced. Since then the clicking noise has been gone totally. It is for sure Polestar had bunch of faulty Ohlin dampers installed. Another evidence of the poor quality control. I still am dealing with rattling noises, though. It just never ends... Again, it reminds me that it is made in China and owned by Chinese company.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts