Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polestar in Sweden has been very quiet about any "compensation" or "thanks" for support from customers through the last week of recall while other markets have been offered longer warranties and charging.

Yesterday evning they have finally communicated something. To all customers who have ordered in 2020 (so this will include me with my Jan/Feb delivery) they will provide the following:

1) 10x "Ultimate Season" (top price) car washes at the Circle K chain of fuel stations, total value of 3690SEK (323 GBP, 429USD)
2) At any time during the free service time (2 years or 30000km) they will repair one wheel free of charge (kerb/curb rash repair)
3) 1 year extended warranty, making it the same as the standard non-extended warranty in the UK (3 years, grumble), I'm on a 3 year lease so that works out great for me anyway

I'm very disappointed that they have chosen to provide car washes rather than charging credit as they have done in other markets. I will not be washing my car in an automatic car wash so can't make use of the offer.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm sure each region they are trying to negotiate deals with charging companies and if they fail at least trying to get you something worth a decent value.

Also even in the UK people in Scotland are not happy with the Polar deal ... there are very few chargers far up north.

It's an impossible position to be in, they defiantly won't please everyone.

For example if the Polestar 2 is your new school runner, you'll never use the £450 of charging ... on the other hand professional valet will keep your car looking clean and pristine for those school runs!

For me I do 2-4 Long drives a year. I worked out that the £450 on charging is roughly 8,000 miles worth. I barely do that in a whole year! So it's wasted on me. Considering my Car is parked under a tree, I'd love and use all 10 full car valets in 10months!

One free wheel replacement would also be great ... my wife is like a magnet to those curbs!

So I understand in any region, any "bonus" added later will be hit and miss with people. If you had brought the car knowing these bonuses you would have already decided that they don't really mater in the grand scheme of things, but as they are added later you feel you didn't get as much out of them as others.

Edit: I just noticed you said "Automated" Car wash? Yeah F*** THAT! Sorry man.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
The Scots can't really whinge - they pay a one-off charge of £20 for an RFID card and then get unlimited free charging everywhere in Scotland! :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an impossible position to be in, they defiantly won't please everyone.

For example if the Polestar 2 is your new school runner, you'll never use the £450 of charging ... on the other hand professional valet will keep your car looking clean and pristine for those school runs!

For me I do 2-4 Long drives a year. I worked out that the £450 on charging is roughly 8,000 miles worth. I barely do that in a whole year! So it's wasted on me. Considering my Car is parked under a tree, I'd love and use all 10 full car valets in 10months!
I get that they can't provide something that will be 100% useful to all. I too only do a handful of long drives a year, but the charging would still be more useful even if I can't actually use it all up.

One free wheel replacement would also be great ... my wife is like a magnet to those curbs!
Repair, not replacement. They specifically make a point of stating the wheel would be "almost like new"

Edit: I just noticed you said "Automated" Car wash? Yeah F*** THAT! Sorry man.
Yup.

This all just adds up to the feeling that Swedish customers are very much the second class citizens in Polestar's world.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Repair, not replacement. They specifically make a point of stating the wheel would be "almost like new"
I've had 2 wheels repaired and they both looked like new. This is still a nice addition.

Like I said, I understand how you feel but honestly if you knew these free extra's before buying the car would it really have changed your mind?

It's the feeling of not getting something others are getting. In New Zealand all Polestar 2 Customers will get a free bag of Sheep shaped Haribo. Everyone else "I love Haribo, why don't I get one?"

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had 2 wheels repaired and they both looked like new. This is still a nice addition.

Like I said, I understand how you feel but honestly if you knew these free extra's before buying the car would it really have changed your mind?

It's the feeling of not getting something others are getting. In New Zealand all Polestar 2 Customers will get a free bag of Sheep shaped Haribo. Everyone else "I love Haribo, why don't I get one?"
Oh but I thought the whole point of this forum was to moan about inconsequential things... no?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Scots can't really whinge - they pay a one-off charge of £20 for an RFID card and then get unlimited free charging everywhere in Scotland!
Just a matter of accuracy (and to maintain the super moderator's stereotyping): The Charge Place Scotland network RFID is £20 per year - and not all chargers on the network are free. Only last week one council area changed from free to a charged basis. On a return trip from England, I actively headed to a Charge Place Scotland site on return over the border, only to find it was one of the most expensive charges on the journey! The CPS network does highlight the lack of commercial networks across this country who are potentially discouraged because of the government backed "free to use" network.

It is a benefit aimed at promoting the uptake of EV and for one, it did influence my change - but the biggest influence was the launch of the Polestar 2. And as a result, I think the "Polar thank you" from Polestar is great. :)

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
I was simply jealous of the Scottish having such a nice perk :) Thanks for the extra info. Every day is a school day :).

Reactions: iFG70
1 - 9 of 9 Posts