Polestar Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Onyx, PPP
31 Posts
I charge in Newburgh every couple months on my way to the city. There's been issues on and off for the last month or so there with 2 of the chargers. I saw repair technicians there last Monday. They are updating all Electrify America's chargers wirelessly and I've had no luck connecting for a month. Once I am finally connected I get max 60-70kW. I have had to call customer service every single time I try to charge outside of home for a month. Today my car wouldn't connect to any of the 4 chargers by me in Scranton, PA. I called as usual, but this time customer service pushed an invite to charge to the actual charger, then I plugged in, and now it's charging at full speed. I have grown to loathe EA more than any other company. Their software just doesn't work, and when it's physically broken it takes weeks to repair. Not to mention the chargers run on Windows PC, so no idea why it's taking a month to push an update. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@Firstelec, sorry to hear about your experiences. I charged this past weekend (Charger number 10028302-01, the charger that is closest to Walmart among the four that are set up) on 09/18/2022. I came in with a SoC of 44% and charged upto 75% in about 20 minutes. My charging initially started as always at 172kWh, and then stabilized, and ramped down to about 70kW as the SoC started to climb. I have not encountered any issues charging at this specific EA location over the last 6 months, other than having to wait a few minutes once since all the chargers were in use. I had also tested out the EA locations closer to home in Westchester (one in Elmsford/Greenburgh and another in New Rochelle) and encountered no issues charging up. From what I understand, charging experiences at EA vary a lot. Hope that this new buch of updates they are pushing out fix these issues. I did have issues with the EVolve NY chargers at Schroon Lake, with the payment. But I realized that using the ChargePoint app in the car is the most effective way to use the EVolve NY chargers, rather than the recommended Shell Recharge app. Since I started using the ChargePoint app in my car, I have had no issues using the EVolve NY chargers as needed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts