Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just loaded the app and it is quite nice. Understandable and simple. I don't mind doing all the work to plan it out myself, but this is very easy to use. What would really be nice was if they wrote an Android Automotive version that could be run directly on the car. That would be quite nice!

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
I just loaded the app and it is quite nice. Understandable and simple. I don't mind doing all the work to plan it out myself, but this is very easy to use. What would really be nice was if they wrote an Android Automotive version that could be run directly on the car. That would be quite nice!
so I’ve checked a couple routes and Google Maps’ route planner native in the car seems great since they’ve recently imported Electrify America’s stations into their algorithm.
I have a longer trip planned in a few weeks and will cross check the native planner vs ABRP and now Chargeway. But I suspect Google Maps to be the most accurate.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I wasn't keen on the fact that chargeway wants access to too much info on your phone.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I did have a quick chat with Jeff today, he promised to let me know if he got any more information of the fix and OTA push, but I got the impression he's not actively looped in. I reiterated my offer to connect directly with the dev team and beta test a fix. I think I'll check in with EA as well and see what their progress is. I did reiterate how critical it is to have confidence in the EA network as it is a must for efficient long trips here.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar.
181 Posts
Like the early days of Tesla when you could literally tweet Elon and he'd actually listen and an OTA would be out in a few days fixing the problem you reported :)

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
70 Posts
Been poking around on PlugShare. It appears that someone, possibly from this forum, is using EA chargers successfully in New Jersey .. even a Signet charger on Dec 22. Wonder if there have been any developments here. Someday, when I get this car, I'm going going to try as many as possible in the area and report back.

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
Does glennp have a Polestar 1, a Polestar 2, or both?

Given the timeline I wonder if he's one of the test engineers? I think Mike from CS mentioned an engineer he'd pass info to and am convincing myself the guy's name was Glenn.

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
70 Posts
I saw they were different models after I posted. Something's definitely going on there. Maybe he checked in with the wrong one? Maybe everything is fixed !?!?

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
For Bay Area folks, I asked EA and found this out re Signet vs non-Signet chargers:

Signet:
100019 – Target - Rocklin, CA (last one going East from Sacramento before you'd get to Tahoe)

non-Signet:
600002 – Target (Riverside Blvd) - Sacramento, CA (Manufacturer: BTC)
100027 – Save Mart - Truckee, CA (Manufacturer: ABB)
Santa Rosa, CA (Manufacturer: ABB)
Walmart 2458 - Salinas, CA (Manufacturer: ABB)

I've pinged about a few more and will post when I find that out

Edit:
Looks like Rocklin is the only Signet one to avoid in the area (at least where I may need to top off). Great to see the S Lake Tahoe one is open now!:

600137 - Walmart 4393 - North Highland, CA : BTC
110011 - South Lake Tahoe, CA 1-139 : ABB
110010 - Folsom Premium Outlets - Folsom, CA : ABB
600136 - The Cannery - Sacramento, CA : BTC
600001 - 16th & L Street Parking Lot - Sacramento, CA : BTC
600006 - Target T0312 Fulton Ave - Sacramento, CA : BTC
600139 - Riverpoint Marketplace - Sacramento, CA : BTC

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
This article has this quote, which I'm guess refers to the Signet issue, and suggests that should indeed by fixed in early 2020 as @**** suggests:

Russell Datz Volvo's National Media Relations Manager: "I spoke to a few people and can confirm there is a recognized software compatibility issue with a small number of chargers on the EA network. We are scheduled to have a fix early in the year, ahead of any significant customer deliveries."

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
So I guess that means my delivery isn't significant.

😢

Reactions: Warb
21 - 40 of 71 Posts