Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
FYI, I went by the EA spot just 25mi from my house and gave it a test shot. Still errors right after it starts charging, but I have a place to test the fix once it gets pushed. Best info I have is Week 4 in Jan 2021.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Aha - you may not have read my rather long string of posts on my cross-country (NY to Memphis) trip - there is an incompatibility with some EA chargers and the Polestar 2 software. EA uses 3 manufacturers of chargers: ABB (all of these worked fine for me), Signet (all of these did NOT work for me - would start to charge and then stop), and another manufacturer that I can't remember and none of which were on my route. According to EA, the chargers tend to be installed regionally and Signets were in most all of the Tennessee locations. Polestar and Signet got together after several calls I made from the road and discovered the incompatibility was in the Polestar software and already have a fix identified. Polestar has committed to having this fix in the next OTA update.

You might want to call EA and see who the manufacturer is of that charger - they should be aware of the Polestar 2 issue. Additional information should be helpful, especially if that charger is of the 3rd manufacturer where I have no experience. At this point it looks like EA has the best network of fast DC chargers for us, certainly in my experience so far. I hope this helps!
Doh! I didn't read this post before a trip..... wasted 35 mins... had Polestar and EA on a three way.

Discovered what was already shared here.....

Ended up at an EVgo

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
70 Posts
FYI, I went by the EA spot just 25mi from my house and gave it a test shot. Still errors right after it starts charging, but I have a place to test the fix once it gets pushed. Best info I have is Week 4 in Jan 2021.
Where are you getting your info? OTA update at the end of the month? That would be great news indeed. I want to do a road trip in Feb.

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
Where are you getting your info? OTA update at the end of the month? That would be great news indeed. I want to do a road trip in Feb.
FWIW if you send EA ( [email protected] ) and email with a list of stations and ask which manufacturers made them, they'll respond back pretty quickly with the answers. Just avoid the ones made by Signet until the promised patch comes (and hope that Signet doesn't make all the ones on your trip!).

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
FWIW if you send EA ( [email protected] ) and email with a list of stations and ask which manufacturers made them, they'll respond back pretty quickly with the answers. Just avoid the ones made by Signet until the promised patch comes (and hope that Signet doesn't make all the ones on your trip!).
And don't rely on google routing to tell you that.

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
70 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, I plan on it. I saw earlier in this thread from @Warb that everything south of Delaware (presumably on I-95) is Signet. I want to do the Florida trip too. There are creative and actually more fun ways to get to FL without EA but it gets a little dicey in the North & South Carolina area. Still going to do it ... more adventure.

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
70 Posts
I requested I-95 stations in VA, NC and SC as that is the toughest part of the journey

.. Happy to help! Here is the manufacturer for the Electrify America charging locations on 1-95 in VA, NC, and SC:
  • Springfield, VA - BTC
  • Stafford, VA - Signet
  • Fredericksburg, VA - ABB
  • Richmond, VA - Signet
  • Emporia, VA- Signet
  • Rocky Mount, NC - Signet
  • Smithfield, NC - Signet
  • Lumberton, NC - Signet
  • Florence, NC - Signet
  • Walterboro, SC - Signet

New York / New Jersey (running list)
EDIT: added Albany and consolidated NY/NJ list

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Thanks. I'd be interested to know if they had a document that classifies all their installations. I guess once there's a fix it becomes irrelevant.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just found myself about 10 minutes away from an EA charger, so I thought I would have a go. I knew it was a Signet charger, but I thought “maybe signet/EA fixed the issue on their end.”

Charger connected fine, and both tap and pay with the app and also credit card worked fine, but the charge cut off almost instantly. I got a text message afterward from EA saying that my max charge rate was 9kW but zero charge delivered. Cost me $0.04, which they waived.

Hopefully the Jan update will fix.

·
Registered
232 Posts
As far as I can tell, none of us in the US have gotten the new update (December 1 firmware) yet. Maybe one of you in NorCal or SoCal whose cars go in the shop and get the update could kindly check charging on the EA Signet chargers. I’ve got a trip planned first of March, and want to know if I’ll be able to take the PS2 (assuming the OTA comes through in time).

·
Registered
208 Posts
As far as I can tell, none of us in the US have gotten the new update (December 1 firmware) yet. Maybe one of you in NorCal or SoCal whose cars go in the shop and get the update could kindly check charging on the EA Signet chargers. I’ve got a trip planned first of March, and want to know if I’ll be able to take the PS2 (assuming the OTA comes through in time).
I am October 1 patch and check it each time I drive.

If I head over toward NYC for anything I will see if I can schedule a service call for the most recent update they can offer if it doesn't come via OTA.

My only complaint is 4g gave me a hollow triangle one morning. Minor glitches with the infotainment where YouTube music hangs and I have to reboot it to resolve.

Range has been discussed throughly in other threads and I am excited to see recent updates release some more of the reserve.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
If I head over toward NYC for anything I will see if I can schedule a service call for the most recent update they can offer if it doesn't come via OTA.
Why wouldn't it come OTA? Wasn't that the big deal before issuing cars in the US?

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
Why wouldn't it come OTA? Wasn't that the big deal before issuing cars in the US?
i think they’re being very cautious about pushing OTA update to US customers in case of bricking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just confirming that this is still an issue — tried it last weekend at the WalMart in Greensboro, North Carolina EA station. Would seem to start and then just stop with error, no cost. Customer support EA rebooted 3 machines, to no avail. I didn’t know to look for Signet at the time (hadn’t found this thread). Any word on a software fix? That’s the only really fast charger between Raleigh and Asheville, hundreds of miles on I-40 (other than another EA station in Statesville, same problem I assume?).

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
Just confirming that this is still an issue — tried it last weekend at the WalMart in Greensboro, North Carolina EA station. Would seem to start and then just stop with error, no cost. Customer support EA rebooted 3 machines, to no avail. I didn’t know to look for Signet at the time (hadn’t found this thread). Any word on a software fix? That’s the only really fast charger between Raleigh and Asheville, hundreds of miles on I-40 (other than another EA station in Statesville, same problem I assume?).
Doesn't solve the problem, but if you send EA customer support a list of stations and ask which ones are Signet vs nonSignet they'll pretty quickly respond with the info.
A Signet EA fix was meant to roll out end Jan/early Feb. Not sure if you need to specifically get the software update to enable that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doesn't solve the problem, but if you send EA customer support a list of stations and ask which ones are Signet vs nonSignet they'll pretty quickly respond with the info.
A Signet EA fix was meant to roll out end Jan/early Feb. Not sure if you need to specifically get the software update to enable that?
I got mine in mid-January so must have just missed the factory update. I’m hundreds of miles from a dealership, so I assume no way to easily do the update, right?

thanks for the EA call suggestion! Will do.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts