Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been great following Fidelus, Claire and others on the thread 'My car has arrived and its is gorgeous'. Just to catch the excitement and fun he is obviously getting out of his new Polestar has reminded me why I ordered one. I have been getting caught up in the potential problems but he is just enjoying it.
We are EV pioneers are'nt we? The reason we own one or are waiting somewhat patiently for one is the buzz and thrill of the new. Looking forward to getting out there and escaping the mundane. Go get 'em boys and girls!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry meant 'my cars arrived and it's awesome' for thread referral. Great thread by the way.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
121 Posts
Sorry meant 'my cars arrived and it's awesome' for thread referral. Great thread by the way.
Yes I feel this way too. After waiting so long to own, what I would call a ‘proper’ EV car I do remain excited. I also agree that we are pioneers and will tolerate some of the idiosyncrasies that will come with owning a 1st generation model. That said I would have thought that some of the PS 1 learning would have come across from the off, such as the app for one!

Like a few I am getting concerned as to the long list of issues and hope that ‘awesome’ feeling does not get dampened quickly by a myriad of issues over the first days of ownership...not long to wait now!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to say the thing that got me excited was how it's a new brand and his its own distinctive style. I have had quite a few people at work asking about it and felt smug telling them it's a polestar (a couple of people asked what it was as their best guess was a citroen due to the two chevrons which amused me).

Being so new also encourages me to put my foot down because I am childish and feel the need to show people what it can do 😁

·
Registered
369 Posts
“Being so new also encourages me to put my foot down because I am childish and feel the need to show people what it can do 😁”
I am a similar variety of dickhead 😬

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hmm... Polestar pioneers, yes. EV pioneers, definitely not! That was some 9 years ago or so. Some of us have been driving EVs for many years :). You're at the crest of the EV mass adoption wave now and it's all the better for the EV market that this is happening :) Definitely something to celebrate!

Reactions: JRRF

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm... Polestar pioneers, yes. EV pioneers, definitely not! That was some 9 years ago or so. Some of us have been driving EVs for many years :). You're at the crest of the EV mass adoption wave now and it's all the better for the EV market that this is happening :) Definitely something to celebrate!
Yes good point. Newbies like me forget that. I guess it is that the take up is still quite a small percentage of the whole. I still feel like stepping into the ev water is exciting though.(y)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Absolutely, it's a very exciting time to be an EV owner, old or new! :)

Reactions: Bazza77

·
Registered
769 Posts
If you've not owned an EV before you will undoubtedly feel the excitement when you get behind the wheel. Once you go EV, you never go back. :)

Having said that, I have a neighbor around the corner that owned a Tesla S and X. I haven't spoken to him in a while but I noticed in his garage he now owns a Porsche Panamera and a BMW 5. Tesla must have turned him off completely :LOL:

·
Registered
58 Posts
We're a long way off being pioneers if the P2 is out first BEV. However, I'm normally quite a patient sort when I've ordered a new car - even when it was ( at the time ) a brand-new pre-launch order like when I bought a first-gen Jaguar XF. The quite revolutionary move to BEV has robbed me of my patience, espcially since the test drive I did nearly two months ago now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts