Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, as some of you may know I am not a particularly brave sole and like to do a lot of research before spending my hard earned pension!

I am getting close-ish to ordering! Please can you share your knowledge or beliefs about the following:-

1. Does the P*2 have separate FM and DAB tuners, or is FM and DAB radio only available through an internet connection (like a mobile phone)?
  2. How much is a spare set of OEM 19" wheels (for winter tyres) when supplied in UK?
  3. At present my iPhone is tethered to the Hotspot in my car. I believe this needs to be the other way round in the P*2, is this possible? Can the car be tethered to a phone?
  4. I have very good WiFi quality at home and poor Mobile Data reception (most of the time mobile data is 3G and from time to time I get 4G with my phone - 5G is a fairy story I read about but have not experienced here!). This is the same for 80% of the places I drive around in the far North of Scotland. Will this be a problem generally?
  5. Does P*2 have 2 SIMS (a physical SIM and an eSIM possibly)?
  6. Can you specify when you want your car beyond the P* nominated delivery date? I don't want to change vehicles before April 2022. I configured a car a couple of days ago and it came up with a delivery date of January 2022. Is this just a guess by an algorithm. If I ordered in a couple of weeks time, could I tell them I didn't want the car delivered until April, or would I have to just accept what they offer?
  7. Do you get a scissor jack with UK/EU versions of the P*2 or not?
  8. Can you purchase a blind for the Panoramic sunroof? I am not bothered about the sun coming through (I wish!), but what bothers me, when I leave the blind open on my present car, is the strobing effect that can be set up with the street lights at night!
I have booked a flight down to Manchester for the 25th October and a test drive at the space there that afternoon. Answers to the above will let me decide if I am wasting my time (and allow me to cancel), or not.

Next Saturday morning I am picking up an I-Pace HSE for a weekend test drive (return on Monday morning). One of the advantages of an established brand. It will be interesting to compare them both. This is particularly so when you consider there is £19,000 between a P*2 and a similarly specced I-Pace.

Thanks all.

Jock

·
Registered
317 Posts
Does the P*2 have separate FM and DAB tuners, or is FM and DAB radio only available through an internet connection (like a mobile phone)?
Yes, seperate but linkd so FM and DAB can take over from each other. And it works dreadfully. FM radio has a delay built into it so don't go to drive in movies.
At present my iPhone is tethered to the Hotspot in my car. I believe this needs to be the other way round in the P*2, is this possible? Can the car be tethered to a phone?
You can tether the car to the phone but there's really not much need if your LTE is working.
I have very good WiFi quality at home and poor Mobile Data reception (most of the time mobile data is 3G and from time to time I get 4G with my phone - 5G is a fairy story I read about but have not experienced here!). This is the same for 80% of the places I drive around in the far North of Scotland. Will this be a problem generally?
It may give some slow on line performance and downloads of software updates may take a while but it should work. I had very few problems driving around Scotland - didn't do the North West, stuch from Skye to Loch Ness upto John O'Groats and that was all fine.
Does P*2 have 2 SIMS (a physical SIM and an eSIM possibly)?
eSIM and a slot for a physical one which we don't think does anything yet. Not enabled in software as far as I know.
Can you specify when you want your car beyond the P* nominated delivery date?
You'd have to ask Polestar that. They were OK with a short delay for me but a longer one like your suggesting may be one to just ask them on.
Do you get a scissor jack with UK/EU versions of the P*2 or not?
No.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, seperate but linkd so FM and DAB can take over from each other. And it works dreadfully. FM radio has a delay built into it so don't go to drive in movies.

You can tether the car to the phone but there's really not much need if your LTE is working.

It may give some slow on line performance and downloads of software updates may take a while but it should work. I had very few problems driving around Scotland - didn't do the North West, stuch from Skye to Loch Ness upto John O'Groats and that was all fine.

eSIM and a slot for a physical one which we don't think does anything yet. Not enabled in software as far as I know.

You'd have to ask Polestar that. They were OK with a short delay for me but a longer one like your suggesting may be one to just ask them on.

No.
That's terrific, thanks for the swift response 👍.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know the UK cost of a set of OEM wheels from P*?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
My spare set of PP wheels was really expensive... I don't remember the exact price, but more than 4k US, without any rubber around them.

Reactions: JOCK55

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
293 Posts
Regarding
6. Can you specify when you want your car beyond the P* nominated delivery date? I don't want to change vehicles before April 2022. I configured a car a couple of days ago and it came up with a delivery date of January 2022. Is this just a guess by an algorithm. If I ordered in a couple of weeks time, could I tell them I didn't want the car delivered until April, or would I have to just accept what they offer?

I would agree with M_at, that a short delay is okay, but that they don't like keeping cars in storage for several months. Having said that, I wouldn't believe the estimation on the ordering page, which is optimistic, to say the least.

My order was estimated to October '21 when I ordered, which quickly slipped to December and has now been displaying January '22 for about the past month. As the car is now on a ship somewhere off Taiwan, I would say that the truth will probably turn out to be some time mid-December, but that the ETA guessometer system hasn't caught up yet. If you order in a couple of weeks, April may well be where you end up (but don't take me to court if I'm wrong).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My spare set of PP wheels was really expensive... I don't remember the exact price, but more than 4k US, without any rubber around them.
JEEPERS! That's around £3,000. I paid Jaguar that amount but that included Continental WinContact Winter Tyres as well!!! I'll get my money back easily too as they are selling on a popular auction site for around £700 each.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
293 Posts
The standard price in Norway for the winter set is 20k - 25k NOK, depending on wheels and including tyres. They're on the order page here as it's standard Norwegian kit.

Having said that, there are threads here discussing non-OEM options which, depending on your priorities, may be better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The standard price in Norway for the winter set is 20k - 25k NOK, depending on wheels and including tyres. They're on the order page here as it's standard Norwegian kit.

Having said that, there are threads here discussing non-OEM options which, depending on your priorities, may be better.
Thanks for that. It appears you may get a small volume discount in Norway. Most of our weather is the same as southern Norway so is very popular in my part of the world, too. Also my current insurance company will not insure the car unless it is equipped with "Manufacturer Approved wheels and tyres". No reason I can't change insurance companies, but their premiums are very competitive.

·
Registered
293 Posts
"Manufacturer Approved wheels and tyres" sounds very restrictive :(

You could try looking up a set on the Norwegian page, then sending a chat to Norwegian C/S, asking what it would cost to have a set shipped out to you??

Having looked again at the Norwegian market tyres, I'm not even sure they are legal in the UK as they have speed index T (190km/h), which is lower than the max speed of the car. I think this is a special allowance for Scandinavian winter tyres, allowing for softer rubber.

I would contact your insurance to ask what they mean by "Manufacturer approved". It could just be that the rims and tyres have to satisfy the minimum logbook requirements (speed, load ratings and be within the approved dimensions).

·
Registered
293 Posts
the 20-25k prices were for order with the car (making them VAT-exempt)

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Registered
149 Posts
i was given a delivery of Jan this year and moved it to march to get the new plate - was never asked any questions about it

·
Registered
Ordered MY22 21 July / Thunder / Long Range Dual Motor / Pilot / Plus / Tow hitch
9 Posts
I ordered mine in July, with a provisional date of October. I contacted CS and asked for it to be delayed until January and they said not a problem. Mine is now also on a ship somewhere makings its way here with an expected date of December :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts