Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
2,024 Posts
Just got my "we've started building your car" email....exciting!

Still says January though :-D
Yep, those emails are a real boost during this unusual buying process. Just wait till you get an actual delivery date!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, yeah, no idea how long it takes to get to the next stage! Wondering if the single motor teething issues have been sorted now and things might be a bit quicker!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Lol, yeah, no idea how long it takes to get to the next stage! Wondering if the single motor teething issues have been sorted now and things might be a bit quicker!
I don't think Polestar doing anything quick. Hope the wait isn't too long for you though! I'm just about to take delivery in the next few weeks after ordering in May.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,120 Posts
Just got my "we've started building your car" email....exciting!

Still says January though :-D
I would have thought it would be December, to be honest. It takes a few days (if that) to go down the production line and be basically tested, then it sits for no more than a couple of days waiting for the ship, then takes 5-6 weeks to sail the seven seas to Europe, then about 2-3 weeks after that it should be on your drive - roughly. So that would work out at 9-10 weeks or thereabouts. I reckon you'll get it in time for Christmas :).

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,120 Posts
Sounds about right! We had our similar notification on 5th October and received our car on 18th December, so assuming everything goes smoothly (big if, with everything going in including shortages of delivery/HGV drivers etc), you might see it on or around 6th December, I predict :) (but don't beat me up if it's later than that!).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, I read on one thread that they come from Lianyungang? Looks like direct boat too from there...
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Shame the tracker thing doesn't work any more!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just don't get too excited :cry:

Although my car has already been in the UK for a week, CS are saying that I won't get my delivery slot until the middle of next month for delivery at the end of October. It will have been in the UK longer than it spent on the boat from China :mad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's bonkers!

Do you live in the outer Hebrides or something? 🙃

I read somewhere about the chance of deliveries being padded out too to help them with their emissions figures and stuff....but one assumes that will be per brand and not Geely as a whole, so shouldn't be an issue for pure EV makers?

·
Registered
182 Posts

Although my car has already been in the UK for a week, CS are saying that I won't get my delivery slot until the middle of next month for delivery at the end of October. It will have been in the UK longer than it spent on the boat from China :mad:
Ugh. That doesn't bode well for me then. Coolcool.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you live in the outer Hebrides or something? 🙃
I wish!

I'm not sure their geography is very good anyway; my account always shows Westfield as my nearest Space at 195 miles away. Not sure why it's not Trafford Centre a mere 25 miles away....

I'm getting a bit miffed with the comms to be honest. When I ordered in May I knew it was going to be a September delivery (now nearly November), but the only messages I've had since then are to confirm the order, and that the car in now in the UK. If my pro-forma invoice is to be believed, the car was actually built in June!

·
Registered
16 Posts

I'm hearing the same. Car been in country for about 10 days but CS saying end of October for delivery. Always thought it would be about 3 weeks max to get cars checked and delivered out. Frustrating!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oooooo, my estimated delivery date is showing December now (from Jan) - so gone from Nov, to Jan and now to Dec.... LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got my invite to confirm the order and financing, seems to be moving along! When I messaged CS yesterday they still were showing late Dec delivery...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Interesting, so I just had an email; "Your Polestar 2 just set sail", email talks about the voyage being well under way etc...

So when I had the "On the way" email, just rolled off the production line and on it's way to the UK (26/09), has it really taken that long to get onto a boat?

Confused as there isn't any boat showing from either Shanghai or Lianyungang until 26th Oct or 28th Oct...?

Unless this email comes out a little time after the boat has set sail...? Shame the VIN number tracking no longer works, I tried to ask CS if they could give me the BOL to track, didn't have it.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
294 Posts
Interesting, so I just had an email; "Your Polestar 2 just set sail", email talks about the voyage being well under way etc...

So when I had the "On the way" email, just rolled off the production line and on it's way to the UK (26/09), has it really taken that long to get onto a boat?

Confused as there isn't any boat showing from either Shanghai or Lianyungang until 26th Oct or 28th Oct...?

Unless this email comes out a little time after the boat has set sail...? Shame the VIN number tracking no longer works, I tried to ask CS if they could give me the BOL to track, didn't have it.
Having exactly the same issue after receiving the mail yesterday. If the mail is sent even remotely just after the boat sets sail, then the only possible boats are "Toledo" from Lianyngang on 11/10 or "Themis" from Shanghai on the 9th. C/S completely unable to say anything about departure date, port or even how many days after sailing the emails are sent.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts