Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm currently replacing my V90 (end of lease) and really like the Polestar as a new step in mobility.
But I do have some issues with a 'sweaty back' - hence my V90 has ventilated seats (which is great) but adding another 4k for the 'light colored' leather seats in the Polestar seems a bit much.

I hope some of you could share your experiences with the WeaveTech seats.
Are they comfortable in warmer conditions - and do they tend to heat up, which could result in that unpleasant feeling...

When looking at some pictures, it seems it's a rather solid surface, with limited 'breathing' options.
(due to Corona, all dealerships are closed for another 4 weeks, so can't test them out yet in real life...).
so I'm hoping the digital world could help, any feedback is very much appreciated.

Luc

·
Registered
195 Posts
Have not been blessed with enough mild/warm weather in the UK to test yet! I've had one trip where where my T-shirt on my lower back got slightly damp, and some surface dampness on the seat which just wiped off (didn't soak in), maybe the lumbar support was digging in too much.

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
Bjorn Nyland repeatedly said that a sweaty back was one of his very few dislikes with the Polestar. I'd have ordered the Nappa leather if it weren't for the fact that it would get dirty extremely easily when being out with the dog.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Only done 500miles, but not had any sweat issues as yet, plus not very hot in UK at mo.
They are very comfy, but not Volvo 17 way ventilated seat comfy, but good for the money.
They could also have done with better side bolsters too, as the P2 corners like it's on rails.
Spilt water comes off easily and the quality feels good.

I nearly went leather, but was put off by the light colour and Jean colour type transfer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sweaty back on a long journey >100miles. Not happy as never had the issue in past 48 years of driving. If I had known I would have gone for the ventilated leather (had ventilated in old SAAB 9.5). Wife has no issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
PS Makes you wonder how Polestar test drivers who must have done endurance runs never picked up on this.. or perhaps they did and ignored in the desire for vegan design. Still not happy.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sweaty back on a long journey >100miles. Not happy as never had the issue in past 48 years of driving. If I had known I would have gone for the ventilated leather (had ventilated in old SAAB 9.5). Wife has no issues.
I think it depends on the person (or clothing?) ... as many people had done thousands of miles and had no problem, while others like yourself (and Bjorn) find it a problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I test drove a vehicle with the weavetech and was pleased I went with the ventilated leather.

I do get sweaty back easily on hot days and Vegan interior isn't a show stopper for me personally.

The weavetech was nice material, thinner than wetsuit when pinched, but when you run your hand over it, it feels like wetsuit material. It was surprising how tightly weaved it was so it felt like it does not breathe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I nearly went leather, but was put off by the light colour and Jean colour type transfer.
This was one of my concerns as well :( I had a light gray leather interior with some issues that required some upkeep to maintain

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
667 Posts
Not had a hot day's driving yet but so far I love the feel & look of WeaveTech.
I'm totally done with leather. Sofa's are cold & not that comfortable. Jackets aren't waterproof - The Fonz turned into Henry Winkler & Elvis died on the toilet.
Leather was always branded as a luxury item. That ship has sailed for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We had no problem with the WeaveTech on our long trip but then it was only 8 -13 Degrees C.
I have had leather in the last few cars and agree with Dave, it is cold on a cold day and hot on a hot day (never had ventilated). Also nowadays it is man made leather so not quite as it used to be.
For the UK I don't feel it is needed but for hotter climates I don't know.
I remember a friend who lived in Spain said they don't do leather as it is too hot in summer.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Dirt must filter through those ventilation holes. I've never had such seats. How is that handled? Does it fall through? Pile up?

·
Registered
126 Posts
don't try them. unfortunately I've had them in the last couple cars, and once you have them it's hard to give up. I did the leather just for this reason, and really would have preferred the vegan material if a ventilated version were an option. the other thing that is hard to give up once you've had...heated steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
We have ventilated seats in the Kona and I've never had sweaty back syndrome in them, and they've stayed clean. And dust build up just naturally comes back out again as the seat is compressed and released. I would have gone for the nappa leather option if it hadn't been beige - I had beige leather in the XKR and it goes grubby just by looking at it!

I suspect whether you feel sweaty in it will depend on whether you're a "lean back into the seat, reclining" kind of a fella, in which case you might suffer from it, or a "sit more upright with just the base and kidneys in contact" driver, in which case you're probably ok. I'm the latter kind so hoping to be ok! We didn't notice any problems on the test drive which was for about half an hour on a warm day.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
667 Posts
Folks that recline their seat back then hover without touching it. Without being dramatic you are the worst people on this earth. How did we come to choose the same car? Makes me question myself.
Anyone on a flight that reclines their seat in economy can politely burn in hell too.
All the best. Enjoy your weekend

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Tell us how you really feel, Dave. Don't hold back, this is a safe space.

·
Super Moderator
677 Posts
My seat back is quite upright but it does my back in to have things too reclined...

(I think Dave's "doctors" might be advising he gets padding for the inside of his car to go with the padded cell he's kept in during the daytime...)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts