Polestar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car Thursday and would like to get a green pass. Polestar isn't listed as a choice on the EZ Pass site at all.
Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
2021 Polestar2 Magnesium
28 Posts
Yes I did in NY State, just used "other" for vehicle make and model. My insurance company also did not have Polestar in their database so they just put EV for now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Were you able to get a green pass?
Yes I did in NY State, just used "other" for vehicle make and model. My insurance company also did not have Polestar in their database so they just put EV for now.
Interesting. When I tried that, there was no option to select the green pass. I'll look again.....

Still no option. Were you replacing another electric car, or were you just adding this to your ezpass account? I remember when I got a green pass years ago, I had to get it in person. Hopefully a phone call will work with this.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar2 Magnesium
28 Posts
Not sure what state your in. I do it with app on my phone thru NYEZpass which may different than other states. We can register up to four vehicles per account and I use a white transponder. Only use for me in upstate NY is NY thruway which has gone total cashless. if you don’t have transponder it will see the plate number that is registered.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what state your in. I do it with app on my phone thru NYEZpass which may different than other states. We can register up to four vehicles per account and I use a white transponder. Only use for me in upstate NY is NY thruway which has gone total cashless. if you don’t have transponder it will see the plate number that is registered.
I'm in NJ, but use NY ezpass. I can get the white pass, but not the green one, which is what I want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have never tried it before. I usually use uproad since it's a convenient option. It tracks all the toll and free roads and bridges, so there is no need to worry about fines.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Is there any benefit to a "green" EZ pass?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you know if that discount is just on New Jersey tolls or is it on all tolls that accept E-ZPass?
Weirdly, there are 2 plans for the green pass, neither are for NJ tolls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts