Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be interesting to hear if anyone has had the crash mitigation trigger on them yet. I had it twice in one day (two seperate commutes).

The first time it must have seen a ghost as it was dawn and there was nothing in front of me that I could see, I didn't realise what was going on as it tried to steer me round the imaginary object and cut the power to the motor.

The second was more expected this time a red car light flashed up and it briefly beeped at me because I was going round a dip where a car was waiting to turn right. It changed its mine pretty quick that time and let me carry on, a corner that can be taken at 50 which is the speed limit there.

Both times were interesting as it took a couple of seconds to work out what was going on but it made me wonder if others have set theirs off?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sounds like a typical Volvo feature.

I've heard the seatbelt retention pulls you in if you go over a hump fast!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Had the brakes slam on when my other half stood behind the car and would not move as I reversed,

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'd rather it have a few false positives than false negatives.... Is that right? Not sure.

Anyway I can live with it breaking a few times when it shouldn't than not breaking when it should!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
659 Posts
Not sure if it's specific to my VW but it doesn't like the car in front taking a left (on a UK road) turn. It thinks it's coming to a standstill and slams on the anchors. Nearly spilt my whisky!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not sure if it's specific to my VW but it doesn't like the car in front taking a left (on a UK road) turn. It thinks it's coming to a standstill and slams on the anchors. Nearly spilt my whisky!
🤣 I can report the same with my VW...as for the whisky...good luck with that!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had it emergency stop when reversing on to the drive. No idea what spooked it.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What I've found with these systems is that sometimes it gets a reflection off of a sharp change in road surface elevation, like when you approach a roadway bridge with a height difference. It feels like a fairly big hit to the tires, but before you get there the radar bounce looks like a stopped car/wall and the system will give an alert (and possibly even apply the brakes). But as you approach closer the radar will lose "site" of it and the alert goes away.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You need one of these!

solves the cupholder issue too...

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
883 Posts
If I can wedge the horns in the roof lining it may delay me falling asleep at the wheel.
Does it come with a chin strap?
It has 2 reservoirs - Just put espresso in one and whiskey in the other. Science.

Plus - helps protect the brain from stroke!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am a bit disappointed about the size of the drinks cabinet.

Attachments

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
883 Posts
I'm sure the glove box will take a bottle of single malt!
This is precisely why I am heartened that Polestar kept physical controls for the essentials.
It would be plainly dangerous to have to operate a touchscreen while driving and retrieving one's Lagavulin from the glovebox.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Having wipers and lights and such controlled with physical implements ought to be a safety law.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure the glove box will take a bottle of single malt!
Confirmed!

If it wasn't for the polestar being both awesome and amazing I would be using that as a measure for if a car suits me. My only previous measure was how many dead bodies fit in the boot. The 'frunk' was a real selling point!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I thought it might be interesting to hear if anyone has had the crash mitigation trigger on them yet. I had it twice in one day (two seperate commutes).

The first time it must have seen a ghost as it was dawn and there was nothing in front of me that I could see, I didn't realise what was going on as it tried to steer me round the imaginary object and cut the power to the motor.

The second was more expected this time a red car light flashed up and it briefly beeped at me because I was going round a dip where a car was waiting to turn right. It changed its mine pretty quick that time and let me carry on, a corner that can be taken at 50 which is the speed limit there.

Both times were interesting as it took a couple of seconds to work out what was going on but it made me wonder if others have set theirs off?
Ohh. How do we turn this off?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’ve had it a few times on our XC90. The last time I recall was two weeks ago, a car with a trailer was stopped in my lane and beginning to turn left in a residential zone. I was coming up behind, I didn’t make any attempt to slow because I could see that the car would be out of my way before I was upon it, but the car got a bit nervous, beeped and cut power for a second.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts