Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a 200m journey from south to north of England Friday, tootled 60m (quickly) around northern hilly and twist countryside on a wet Saturday and then travelled 20back on Sunday.

On the trip north I stopped off at an Instavolt 50kw charger in Northwich for 20min whilst taking the opportunity for a ‘rest stop’ and a ginger beer at the pub next to it.
probably could have gone the whole way without stopping but I could have done with a stop myself anyway.... much more pleasant experience than a motorway service station.

At my destination I plugged in to a newly installed Quebev at my parents house. Worked a treat.

On the trip south I stopped for 10 min at IONITY fast charger Newport Pagnell where I was given free electric ... because it was only pumping out about 50kw. I have noticed that with IONITY before at Baldock - free electric if not able to pump out full power.
Again I could have gone without stopping but this gave me a short leg break and removes any anxiety about taking the battery lower than 10%.

So all good; the ride was very refined and comfortable ... more so than my prior E350E.
The only niggle was setting off once I got a brief message saying parking break service needed.... I put it back in park, then set off again never seen it again since.

Trip north got 36kw/100 with speeds mostly between 60 and 75-80. South was 40.5 with speeds not dropping below 70.

Google’s map gives a good realistic estimate of KW left at next stop.

·
Super Moderator
656 Posts
Sounds good. So a range of about 208 miles on A-roads and some motorway, and 185 on a motorway sprint. Sounds about right. (And to think of the flaming and chastisement I got when I predicted these ranges back in August... :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
232 Posts
You should probably drive a bit more than 200 meters before coming to any sort of conclusion :ROFLMAO:. I guess you meant 200mi ;)

Seriously though, sounds like a good start. I was very curious about the SOC prediction. What was your driving style? were you trying to drive efficiently? driving under/over the speed limit?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good. So a range of about 208 miles on A-roads and some motorway, and 185 on a motorway sprint. Sounds about right. (And to think of the flaming and chastisement I got when I predicted these ranges back in August... :rolleyes: )
Yep that’s about right. Maybe another 20 on each if you depleted to 0. Temp between 10 and 14C; mixed weather inc rain.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should probably drive a bit more than 200 meters before coming to any sort of conclusion :ROFLMAO:. I guess you meant 200mi ;)

Seriously though, sounds like a good start. I was very curious about the SOC prediction. What was your driving style? were you trying to drive efficiently? driving under/over the speed limit?
Yes sorry about that ! 🤣
Driving style ... I love a good acceleration 😂. Heading north I was restricted by traffic and long stretches of 60; in which when possible I did +10%.
Heading south I was less restricted by traffic and also went cross country A50 from M6 to M1 which involved a lot more roundabouts/accelerations and driving at typically 80-85.

Interestingly I also loved the instant acceleration still on tap from 70 for a quick overtake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts