Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Single Motor Long Range Midnight Blue on Order!
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first cars have arrived in New Zealand and I was able to drive a Dual Motor with performance pack this week - just a short blast round the block.

Several things stood out:

It's way smaller than I was expecting - I had a car the size or at least height of a VW Tiguan. But it's really like a saloon with a hatchback. I was really please with that.

The ride comfort was really good considering all the negative press about the Ohlins. The damping felt really well controlled with minimal roll and excellent low noise.

The acceleration is phenomenal!

I'm 184cm or 6'1" and was slightly worried about the centre console - but again, I didn't feel claustrophobic at all - and this coming from a 2014 Range Rover. The seating is really excellent and being low with the high door height almost gives a pillar box view out the windscreen. Again I wasn't expecting the cosiness. It's really quite sports car like.

The seat uphostery feels great - and I really liked the interior look. The curry hook is good - the cupholders... well I'll survive.

I have ordered a Long Range single motor in Midnight - which of course isn't on the first boat so I'll have to wait - but that means I might get a very early January delivery so it will be a 2022 registration. Small benefit of having to wait an extra month.

Now just got to decide on the wheels... 19" or 20"? Range or looks? Decisions decisions!

·
Registered
187 Posts
You won’t regret it - the SM is a different beast but I really liked the drive and never felt like we were missing out.

I’m not sure the wheels will make a massive difference to range (I think they are the same width), it probably comes down to preference and price - I think the 20’s look superb but wasn’t willing to pay for them and the ride on 19’s will be a little better.

Reactions: Man8ck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well done on getting your hands on one for a try out. I have a Long Range Single motor in Moon on order . Hopefully will get it in December. Looking forward to taking it for a trip in the South Island.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well done on getting your hands on one for a try out. I have a Long Range Single motor in Moon on order . Hopefully will get it in December. Looking forward to taking it for a trip in the South Island.
How is it possible for you guys to order it when it's not even available to order from the website?

·
Registered
41 Posts
there’s a link on there somewhere for Registration of Interest. Will try to track it down.
Isnt the first shipment only Void, Snow and Thunder?

·
Registered
9 Posts
How is it possible for you guys to order it when it's not even available to order from the website?
I used the registration of interest link. Then after a couple of emails , I had a phone call & placed my order. I paid $1000 deposit. The first batch are obviously preconfigured but my option was available. Have since had a phone call & confirmed late December or early January delivery to my door. 🤞

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just heard that our Thunder Long Range on 19” wheels is due next week. With the December registration it’ll look like a Christmas present to ourselves
Congrats - and just in time to get out of lockdown! You can now drive somewhere :) Well until you hit the queue of traffic on SH1 getting out of Auckland :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Or, just orbit the motorway system testing the range maybe? Certainly won’t be joining the trek North or to Coromandel once the borders open

·
Registered
8 Posts
It looks like we got a raw deal with 3 years vehicle warranty and free servicing. Polestar Australia offer 5 years for both.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
712 Posts
It looks like we got a raw deal with 3 years vehicle warranty and free servicing. Polestar Australia offer 5 years for both.
Isn't that standard though, you guys getting shafted in relation to the Aussies? ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting … what are warranties in the rest of the world? Looks like UK is 3 years from the configurator….

·
Registered
8 Posts
just heard that our Thunder Long Range on 19” wheels is due next week. With the December registration it’ll look like a Christmas present to ourselves
Have you received your car yet? I was curious to find out if the app, google maps and the connectivity all work properly in NZ. After reading so many negative posts about the glitchy software, I am still undecided whether I should order one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, have been driving our new toy since last week - and it’s awesome. It came with 1.8 installed and haven’t had any problems at all yet - lots of admiring glances though.
re the app - it isn’t available down here yet; hopefully that situation will change soon. thanks to mintyish - setting it up now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good to hear that you have 1.8

I downloaded the App a couple of weeks ago - and set up a Polestar ID. NZ wasn't on the list of countries so I just chose the UK. I checked earlier this week and NZ is now on the list - and it was easy to change details on my profile within the app.

I just need the car now :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
iOS or Google? Will check again cause I’m missing the remote climate control start.
I drove past the Volvo dealer on the Shore yesterday in the pouring rain and there was a transporter with 5 Polestars on it. I’m probably wrong, but I thought that there May have been one midnight amongst the void‘s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The car is on the boat and the boat arrives 1st week of January - so that makes it the Morning Crystal that left Shanghai on the 9th Dec and arrives 3rd Jan to Auckland.
Did you manage to get the app synced to the car? If you click on the Profile icon it shows this:
Rectangle Font Slope Logo Screenshot

And if you click "Pair with Polestar 2 ->" you get this!

Super exciting!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts