·
Registered
764 Posts
What does the OTA update do?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It updates the car software to the latest release.

The latest release improves
Charging,
Battery distance estimation,
Drivability,
12v stability,
Internet connection,
Rear windows closing

It also adds pre-conditioning timer.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
308 Posts
Really exciting to see this! I believe they're rolling this out slowly in Norway and Sweden only (for now) in small batches to monitor stresses on the server and also ensure they have time to "test in the field" before dropping updates to all customers. Good approach. Saves them hassles down the road.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you get an email telling you that the OTA was available for you/your car? Really pleased to see the updates rolling out!

·
Registered
California
603 Posts
What are these experimental WebView features?
That looks like an Android system bit that wasn’t supposed to be displayed there. 😆

I’d guess Android Automotive — or Polestar — are using web rendering features that aren’t yet officially enabled in Android. Usually because those features cause bugs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks like an Android system bit that wasn’t supposed to be displayed there. 😆

I’d guess Android Automotive — or Polestar — are using web rendering features that aren’t yet officially enabled in Android. Usually because those features cause bugs.
No comment, hahaha 😋💻

·
Registered
212 Posts
Across the Pond in the US. I Just clicked the check for Updates and says no updates available and last checked @ <time> with no date after the time...

October 1, 2020 is my current version

*Edit: Contacted CS and they said the Nov push will be coming over OTA "SOON". Relieved it isn't a return to NYC.

·
Registered
Midnight - 19" - Leather interior
26 Posts
Across the Pond in the US. I Just clicked the check for Updates and says no updates available and last checked @ <time> with no date after the time...

October 1, 2020 is my current version

*Edit: Contacted CS and they said the Nov push will be coming over OTA "SOON". Relieved it isn't a return to NYC.
Check for updates does not check for OTA updates, this is standard functionality from Android and will not do anything as of right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts