Polestar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 LRDM Moon Pilot Plus Nappa delivered May 19th 2022
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I completed my first road trip today, from Lake Forest Orange County to Las Vegas. I have been looking forward to this trip since I got the car a month ago. LRDM with pilot, plus and nappa.
I charged to 100% at home this morning, range was stated as 240. There were 4 adults in the car with luggage for our 4 night stay.

My plan was to stop in Baker and charge, ABRP said I would make the 177 miles with 17% charge remaining. When I started, google said I would make it with 13%.
I got a low tire pressure warning in Barstow, so pulled off and put air in one tire, I was so distracted by charge planning I forgot to check tires!! That cost 20 minutes.
I had a backup plan to charge in Barstow if I needed to. I set my initial cruise at 72mph. By the time I reached the 15fwy, google was telling me I would make it to Baker with 16%, So I upped my cruise to 73, 74 and then 75.

I reached Baker with 26% charge and 60 miles left!!
Many of the charger are down at Baker, there were only 2 150kW chargers working and 4 50kW. the 2 150s were taken, but I asked and one nice guy driiving a MustangE said he would be done in 5 minutes, so I waited and snagged the 150kW when he left.
There is a Dairy Queen there, so a quick bite, bathroom break and 38 minute charge and I was up to 200 miles and 81%.
Google and ABRP said I would arrive with 33% remaining, but they were wrong. I set the cruise to 75 and arrived with 43% and 100miles remaining. Average watt usage was 34.1kW / 100 miles.

There were a couple of holdups (crashes) on the way, one for about 30 minutes delay and another for 10. That probably helped my battery usage somewhat, but no worries or anxieties about range at all. Once I could see stateline, I upped the cruise to 77mph and enjoyed the ride.
All in all, great experience, everyone enjoyed the drive as much as you can possibly enjoy such a drive and the Polestar performed great, even better than expected.

I'm already looking forward to the drive home.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 LRDM Moon Pilot Plus Nappa delivered May 19th 2022
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Returned to OC today from Las Vegas. 264 miles. Temp was 90 - 100 F all the way !
Charged at the South LV Outlets while having breakfast at the iHop there, to 88% 210 miles range.
Set the cruise on 80mph !!! thinking I had loads of battery to reach Barstow. Google said I would get there with 16%, ABRP basically agreed. They were both very pessimistic. I got there with 26% and 60 mile range remaining, even cruising as much as I could at 80mph.

Charged for 30 minutes up to 77% and 190 miles while taking a bathroom break and wondering around Walmart. Google said I would arrive home with 20% remaining.
Again set the cruise at 80mph. Arrived home with 30% and 70 miles range left.
On this return trip my consumption was a little higher than the outbound journey at 35.0kW / 100 miles.

In summary, no range anxiety what so ever. There was 1 charger not working at each location I charged, except Baker, where over 1/2 were inoperative and only 2 x 150s were working (see above my OB trip notes). Once they upgrade the Baker chargers to all 150 or 350, it will be great.
Vegas was an easy, fun trip and a confidence booster for me and my P*. I am looking forward to our next adventure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts