Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you must have had your car serviced by now. How did it go? Could you offer some insight?
My car is 15 months old & reached 17,500 miles. I expect to see an alert soon.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle White Automotive tire

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some of you must have had your car serviced by now. How did it go? Could you offer some insight?
My car is 15 months old & reached 17,500 miles. I expect to see an alert soon.
Mine’s just over a year old, and has done about 10,000 miles. My local Volvo dealer got in touch last month asking me to schedule a service, which I did. Then they called the day before it was due to go in, to say Polestar had informed them it only gets serviced every two years. So, no service. {shrug}

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told 2 years in Canada as well.
It’s actually 3 years in Canada but there’s no scheduled maintenance between year 2 and 3. I had to ask the space why they say 2 and the site says 3 years. They clarified by coming clean that year 2-3 is useless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm confused. I remember 3 years or 100.000 km, but don't find that back anywhere. There is supposed to be a service every 30.000 km or every 2 years, whatever comes first? Or only once every two years?

If the limit is 50.000 km, there is only one free service for me, after 30.000 km at about 10 month (i.e. next month). I had expected to have 3 free services.

With 50.000 km and 3 years it is hard to get more than one free service. You have to not use the car. The 3 years and 50.000 km, seem to have been chosen to purposely misalign with the 2 years or 30.000 km interval.

PS
I found it. The contact says 3 years or 50.000 km, no interval specified. But now I'm even more concerned the contract does not say anything about the battery, so only 50.000 km instead of 8 years?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Interesting.... Wonder why they're exceeding what they're providing in all the other regions.

Good for you anyway :)
The way I read that notice is they don’t need a service until 5 years or 100,000km, so they won’t get many inspections done whereas other places are getting more observations and battery health checks. Since it’s free I’d rather have more than less.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm confused. I remember 3 years or 100.000 km, but don't find that back anywhere. There is supposed to be a service every 30.000 km or every 2 years, whatever comes first? Or only once every two years?

If the limit is 50.000 km, there is only one free service for me, after 30.000 km at about 10 month (i.e. next month). I had expected to have 3 free services.

With 50.000 km and 3 years it is hard to get more than one free service. You have to not use the car. The 3 years and 50.000 km, seem to have been chosen to purposely misalign with the 2 years or 30.000 km interval.

PS
I found it. The contact says 3 years or 50.000 km, no interval specified. But now I'm even more concerned the contract does not say anything about the battery, so only 50.000 km instead of 8 years?
This is on page 19 of my contract for the battery warranty

Warranty coverage
Your vehicle uses a lithium-ion battery. The warranty covers any faults and deviations in the battery performance or defects in material and workmanship of the lithium-ion battery.
Warranty period
The high voltage battery warranty is valid for up to 8 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) and begins at the same time as the vehicle warranty.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Warranty service is not the same as scheduled maintenance. No more oil change every 3 months, 12 months if your full synthetic, and no more thousand dollar transmission maintenance! So I'll take my car in after two years for tire rotation and be done with it.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Well, wiper blades and tires will wear out, but those aren't covered. Brake pads should last pretty much forever since they're seldom used. Brake fluid slowly absorbs water, so flushing the fluid every two or three years makes sense to me. I don't know about battery coolant. Perhaps the A/C needs to be checked every so often.

But no oil worries, no spark plugs, no points, exhaust, injectors, belts, no fuel filters...

Yup. A far less complicated machine... Mechanically, in any case.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts