Polestar Forum banner

First week Polestar2

4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Pompeypolestar 
#1 ·
Hi all!

Well I must say was delighted when my Polestar 2 turned up, looks absolutely great, more mustang than the e-mustang and far less frog like than Tesla M3. Drives great, so much traction feels like it’s glued to the road.

the car did not connect to 4G or internet on delivery, the delivery driver tried to make out that it was unusual but his acting skills were terrible.. he knew.. anyhow 2 days later Volvo took it for 6 hours and it came back fixed!

boot seems a bit temperamental and only opens / closes when it feels like it.. the thing I noticed today on my first long daytime drive was there is surface damage on the material in the dash, has anyone else seen this., they can keep the ‘vegan’ interior if it lasts a few days!

Happy driving all

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I spent a good long time studying the photos looking for the damage. All I could see was a slight scuff in the fabric to the right of the steering wheel, which will just clean off fine.

Cant see any damage anywhere else. Is OP seriously suggesting the wood grain is the "damage" they are talking about?

If so, don't look at the illuminated surface on the center console... That's "damaged" too.

Edit: good lord, they even have photos and descriptions of their pre-damaged interior here:

Polestar.com | Reconstructed wood in car interiors

Damn vegans and their plant based interiors /s

#7 ·
....I've never seen GREY wood:unsure:

But yes, that what he's referring to.. In all fairness I thought this approach was a bit weird when I first saw the P*2.. Should have just left it a more 'natural' color of wood.. I don't really care for the BLACK wood either, but I fully understand why they do it..

Not terrible, but yeah...

#10 ·
Pretty sure most every wood trim used in the automotive industry and around one's home is stained to a hue that's different from what a clear glaze/coat would give

That said, the more natural looking color of the barley/leather interior is what makes the look for me.

#11 ·
There are different stains, yes... Most if not all wood finishes are post treated/protected, yes...

If we want to get technical, these in the P*2 are probably not stained as most know it, but rather color coated... So for the sake of the comment I went with it..

point being, more natural...

#16 ·
boot seems a bit temperamental and only opens / closes when it feels like it..
Do you mean the kick to open / close? Most common cause for this not working is not doing it right ;)

It's a straight kick in and out, not a waving of the foot underneath. Crucially, you must then step back as soon as you've kicked. If you're too close and it thinks the tailgate may whack you, then it won't activate.

Best place to kick (although it's pretty tolerant anyway) is aligned with the left or right of the numberplate.

#20 ·
I’m not really impressed with the selection of a charcoal-stained wood trim in an otherwise very dark and monochromatic interior. I would love to have the blonde wood trim that’s packaged with the barley leather option, or even some traditional Scandinavian teak or walnut in keeping with the aesthetic. That would have made for a nicer accent and contrast. Plus the dark wood diminishes the effectiveness of the ambient lighting of the dash I have found.

#23 ·
I don’t think the charcoal decor trim is real wood. I did consider getting it wrapped with a blonde or lighter wood-look vinyl wrap, but I may do that later on if I get tired of my all-dark grey interior.

#24 ·
Thanks all, yeah I was confused, the wood grain effect doesnt look great in my opinion. In any case still loving the car. I did tell it to wait for the latest OTA update and since then I got a message saying it’s been recalled so think I dodged a bullet looking at the other posts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.