Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

Registered
Thanks. Have you tried it on a 150kw charger? Not sure there are that many in the UK but all the 0-80% in "40 minutes" quotes are reliant upon a high rate charger. If it only pulls 50kw from a 150kw charger my plans of being able to stop for a long coffee will turn into a whole lot of coffee. I've not factored electrons + 拢10 of Starbucks/stop into my budget... ;-)

Here are the Southern UK 150kw CCS charge points. Not exactly overflowing with them. Seem to be mostly BP pulse (I'm assuming installed at normal petrol station locations). They need to get more at motorway services otherwise you're going to end up with 30 mile detours.
Peterborough and Cambridge are so much closer at 42 miles. They are 133 miles apart here. 馃槀

Premium Member
I hear ya. Throttling it is more comfortable. Problem is it's so powerful, smooth and quiet that I end up speeding almost all the time without cruise.
Yup. I got pulled over for the first time in a while... Didn't realize how fast I was going.

Registered
I hear ya. Throttling it is more comfortable. Problem is it's so powerful, smooth and quiet that I end up speeding almost all the time without cruise. It's higher off the ground than my other car so my perception of speed is different. I only have 600km or so under my belt so far. Still can't believe i have it now. I feel it will keep me happy for many years.
If you set the limiter to the speed limit (or a bit over) instead of the cruise control, you can floor it all the time when doing a long stretch on the highway.

Registered
Lift right foot? 馃槄 My concern is that if I set it too low I won't be able to overtake a vehicle. 135km/h is my max so far just to clear some messy traffic and potential stones from a truck.

The manual is a disaster... So, how does one actually activate the speed limiter?

Registered
The manual is a disaster... So, how does one actually activate the speed limiter?
It's in the car setup screen.

Tap
to access vehicle functions from Home view. From here, you can manage settings and activate or deactivate various functions. Choose Assist and then Drive Assist Cruise Control.

Reactions: polerad

Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
I think you can override the limiter if you go beyond a particular level with the throttle.

Registered
Drive to work this morning in the dark and the heaviest rain I have seen in a long time. 110 to 115 km/h on a nice toll highway with the cruise on. I must say even with some ponding on the road the car is very stable and predictable. I did find the rain droplets hit the windshield hard and stick. My other car has a much shallower slope in the windshield. This meant I needed the wiper speed set to max.

Premium Member
From the picture, it looks like both do both!

I do find the RainX 2-in-1 less effective than the RainX water repellant alone though. Best to clean it with a standard glass cleaner, then use the pure RainX repellant stuff (in my very humble experience).

Reactions: Mick

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
From the picture, it looks like both do both!

I do find the RainX 2-in-1 less effective than the RainX water repellant alone though. Best to clean it with a standard glass cleaner, then use the pure RainX repellant stuff (in my very humble experience).
Yep 1st pic was supposed to be repellent only.
I wash my car twice per week. I need a few shortcuts!
Tennis club reopens on Tuesday so I'm hoping this car/forum obsession will abate.

Registered
I've used this & found it makes a difference...
View attachment 4611
But I've ordered this to try as it cleans at the same time...
View attachment 4612
Some Rain X wiper fluid might be good too. I did a heavy spray with whatever is loaded in the car from the dealer. water wasn't beading off, i think the direction of the wind and type of rain was a factor. Light rain seems to run right off toward the roof.

Premium Member
Just noticed - your VIN is 0138XX yet you don't have your car yet? Should it be 0238XX? 0138XX would have been delivered back in October/November.

Registered
Best to clean it with a standard glass cleaner, then use the pure RainX repellant stuff
How often do you need to put it? I had Volvo put it as part of pre-delivery preparation of the car, but it seems to be somewhat less effective now, 2.5 months into ownership.

Registered
I really like the Rain-X as it almost obviates the need for wipers in all but the hardest downpours. I don't use the spray though, but the liquid that you apply by hand:

21 - 40 of 61 Posts