Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
Yes, that's the stuff. I've accidentally got caught out and bought the 2-in-1 which cleans the glass nicely but has negligible repellant effect. Perhaps using that one first, and then the proper liquid one from above would be best...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok you win. I hand over my *UFC trophy. I held onto it for many years, but I recognise true greatness & will bow out with grace.

*Ugliest Feet Champion
Car looks awesome!
Maybe KanedaKid is Alan Partridge didn’t he drive barefoot to Dundee ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
are you talking about the pedestrian warning sounds?
I find there is a sort of a whispy almost computer sounding hum. Like I'm hovering. :)
I'll have to put my windows down. It's a very constant tone and is very pleasant but odd considering there is no movement. I'll have to turn my blower off too and see how quiet I can make the car.

·
Registered
621 Posts
That sounds like the AVAS system in action...does it sound like this?

It is on for me anytime the car is engaged in Drive up to some speed (I think it's 19mph or something). There is a different sound when reversing, with a sort of submarine ping added to it.

Edit: just went back and read through that page and it says it's enabled between 12 and 19mph, but I hear it even when I'm standing still. The car just has to be in Drive.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
Is that it? Is it active when going forward slowly? I found the parking brake deactivated the sound. Sounds like a Star Wars Tie Fighter way off in the distance.
yep! I believe so. I can hear it as soon as I put it into drive.

and definitely agree. Make me feel like I’m riding a starship. That combined with the whine of the motors you can occasionally hear makes for car sounds I unexpectedly like to an unnatural degree.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System. I tried to think of a better fake reverse of the acronym, but I couldn't - had to go with the real one. :(

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is that it? Is it active when going forward slowly? I found the parking brake deactivated the sound. Sounds like a Star Wars Tie Fighter way off in the distance.
Yup, AVAS includes an idling sound along with the backup sonar and slow forward movement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, it sounds like something from Star Wars and my son thinks it looks like the car Darth Vader would drive (void)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts