Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this idea in my head that I was gonna go into detail about what it's been like to live with this car for a year, but that's not happening this time! It's handled everything I throw at it with very little fuss. It's a car that lets me drive it and doesn't get itself in the way of that. Ask me anything, I guess?

From day 1, I was driving in the Colorado mountains as often as possible. Even when traffic normally makes things miserable, I had a nice, comfortable time.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

I love to hike and occasionally trail run, and it turns out this car is perfectly good for that job too! (And turning off ESC on the dirt roads is fuuuuuuuuuuuuun)
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

True to Volvo heritage, the Polestar handled winter driving conditions phenomenally. I even got stuck in stopped highway traffic for 6 hours once - I spent a few percent of the battery staying warm but no real trouble other than waking everyone up when I got home at 4 AM.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I've never had a car inspire me to go to the track, let alone multiple tracks! High Plains Raceway east of Denver, CO. And the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park, in Bowling Green, KY. It's seriously given me the motorsports bug, and when I get a job I've got a plan for getting a track car now. (Taking an EV to the track is like picking Bowser in Mario Kart: heavy as shit but still fun as hell!)
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

And holy crap, it's such a good adventure car. I've taken it ALL OVER. I spent most of May on the road, logged 5,500 miles (8,800 km) that trip. I've also taken it to Dinosaur National Monument, and a few weekend trips throughout Colorado.
Wheel Car Tire Photograph Plant

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maintenance so far:

* Thanks to my track days and road trips, I'm already on my second set of summer tires (no surprise there) - $1,200 for the OEM Continental Sportcontact 6s.

* I have a set of all seasons for winter - Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus. They're a bit noisier than the OEMs but nothing too bad. I'm planning a move to the US Northeast so I may have to get some genuine snow tires next time around. Also about $1,200 installed.

As for problems:

* I had a rock impact on my grille - I tried ordering the part and replacing it myself but I didn't have the parts or expertise to finish the job. Got an interesting look under the frunk cowling though! (Total repair cost: roughly $1000 - half in parts, half in labor)

* I spilled SEVERAL gallons of water in the trunk trying to help deliver some supplies for a friend. I pulled everything out and blasted it with air for a couple days. Fortunately that's all it took in such an arid climate!
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
PS2 '22 | Snow | PPP | Napa Leather
209 Posts
I live in NJ and used the conti extreme contact DWS 06 year round. Among the best tires I've ever had on the audi, loved them. Check the FB forums too before you decide, there are a few that are popular / recommended choices. But if the DWS 06 is made as an EV tire (XL load and foam inside) I would have no hesitation driving on them in the snow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in NJ and used the conti extreme contact DWS 06 year round. Among the best tires I've ever had on the audi, loved them. Check the FB forums too before you decide, there are a few that are popular / recommended choices. But if the DWS 06 is made as an EV tire (XL load and foam inside) I would have no hesitation driving on them in the snow.
That's great to know going into it, thank you! I might just stick with the DWS's then, since I've been very happy with their performance this past winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts