Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I feel really dumb with everyone saying how straight forward it is 🤣 But a) the instructions aren’t those of a Polestar at all unless I’ve been giving the wrong version. And b) the mount looks for the polestar 2 but how on early do you get that wire? Does the whole mirror and wider plastic casing have to come off?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I feel really dumb with everyone saying how straight forward it is 🤣 But a) the instructions aren’t those of a Polestar at all unless I’ve been giving the wrong version. And b) the mount looks for the polestar 2 but how on early do you get that wire? Does the whole mirror and wider plastic casing have to come off?
All of the plastic surrounding the mirror must come off, yes. This video shows the process:

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon Pilot/Plus/Napa
78 Posts
For anyone that purchased the rear cam also - have a video of your install or been able to find one online? The headliner seems much more well put together than say ... my Nissan Rogue where it was easy to remove and reinstall. Just don't want to damage anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Is there a save now button on the camera?

I read that it only takes a picture.... Is that correct?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Is there a save now button on the camera?

I read that it only takes a picture.... Is that correct?
It’s all pretty basic, but actually decent quality footage (although mine is the Sony sensor version) and an absolutely amazing fit which is the USP. Perhaps more feature will come but for the money it’s very good imo.

But definitely more for the just want a dash cam in case some happens opposed to the pets capture how bad everyone else is and shame them on Facebook and YouTube crowd.

·
Registered
2022 SR, SM, Pilot, Plus, Void.
39 Posts
The above image is correct and expected. The camera has no connection to the Internet. It creates its own Wi-Fi network. You connect your phone to that Wi-Fi network so that you can access the camera functions and download files.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
I bought this camera to have possibility to view video in the car f.e when police stop you. I'm disappointed now :( if I good remember 1 minute film is about 250mb so it's not easy to download. And if I want to see exactly moment I want, I need to download several 1min length films to find right one.
I have asked them to save 'emergency file' like with crash sensor on push of the camera button. They said new firmware should be there in a week.

How would update the firmware? The app does not seem to have a function for this.

This is supposed to be the new model. Still 20% of the image wasted, IMO.
Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Building

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I have asked them to save 'emergency file' like with crash sensor on push of the camera button. They said new firmware should be there in a week.

How would update the firmware? The app does not seem to have a function for this.

This is supposed to be the new model. Still 20% of the image wasted, IMO.

View attachment 13513
The new housing is a clear improvement, but I agree that there's still to much image real estate wasted. I have received the new housing, but I haven't bothered swapping it, because the angle seems to be more or less the same as my modded version.

When it comes to firmware, it would be great if they released a version with more options. As for how to update, my guess is that you'd just plop the new firmware onto the SD card, and then the camera would detect it and do the update all by itself. If you hear anything from them, keep us posted.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
382 Posts
I bought this camera to have possibility to view video in the car f.e when police stop you. I'm disappointed now :( if I good remember 1 minute film is about 250mb so it's not easy to download. And if I want to see exactly moment I want, I need to download several 1min length films to find right one.
It's standard practice to chunk video into segments, it not only ensures the video files can be written to file systems where a file size limit exists, it also ensures that effect of any file corruption is limited. In a dash cam setting, it also allows individual segments to be saved/protected when an incident is detected or triggered.

Playback issues on your mobile are quite possibly being caused by your mobile device, ie it is having issues decoding the video file.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
I have received the new housing, but I haven't bothered swapping it, because the angle seems to be more or less the same as my modded version.
Can you see what has changed? Could we re-apply your mod to the new housing to raise the angle even further?

Or did they just copy your mod? 😂

61 - 80 of 122 Posts