Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have asked them to save 'emergency file' like with crash sensor on push of the camera button. They said new firmware should be there in a week.

How would update the firmware? The app does not seem to have a function for this.

This is supposed to be the new model. Still 20% of the image wasted, IMO.
View attachment 13513
Some time ago they wrote individual firmware for me where I can have loops 1 or 3 min instead of only 1 min and that button on the camera saving in folder last movie loop instead of just picture. I updated firmware from sd card position, not from the app.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
Some time ago they wrote individual firmware for me where I can have loops 1 or 3 min instead of only 1 min and that button on the camera saving in folder last movie loop instead of just picture.
Any chance you could share this conversation so I and others could reference it when contacting FitcamX?

·
Registered
107 Posts
One with more options, especially better button functionality. Having options for loop length is also nice, even if I am not bothered by the 1 minute default.
Why they should? Not everyone want and need this. It's individual and personalised like I wrote. If anyone needs it just let me know and I can share it. No problem.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Why they should? Not everyone want and need this. It's individual and personalised like I wrote. If anyone needs it just let me know and I can share it. No problem.
What they really should, is to make a firmware with more user-selectable options for these things. Also means updating support for changing these options from the app, of course.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
Careful. Their answer seems to indicate that the firmware is specific to the version (HW revision?) you have.

Saving video clips on button press in addition to (instead of) picture should be standard, though, IMO, as with all other dashcams I know.

Now I first need to be able to connect to the camera again 😤

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Can you see what has changed? Could we re-apply your mod to the new housing to raise the angle even further?

Or did they just copy your mod? 😂
They redesigned the front part of the housing slightly, they didn't copy my mod. :)

It might be possible to create a new mod for the new housing, but I haven't investigated that. However, it would surely mean modifying the housing itself, so the change would be irreversible.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
Please keep us posted! They should release this firmware for the public, I think.
Forgot to post updates on the modified firmware: After a short chat with their CS, they emailed me a modified firmware which writes the current video file to the secure emergency folder when pressing the camera button. No 3min video clips, though. A photo is still saved to the regular folder when pressing the camera button.

Only problem is the viewing angle, which is still too low, the other one our highly reflective number plates in combination with the bright PS lights: They totally over expose.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Forgot to post updates on the modified firmware: After a short chat with their CS, they emailed me a modified firmware which writes the current video file to the secure emergency folder when pressing the camera button. No 3min video clips, though. A photo is still saved to the regular folder when pressing the camera button.

Only problem are the angel, which is still too low and our highly reflective number plates in combination with the bright PS lights: They totally over expose.
I just received modified firmware but it doesn’t seem to work.

Now have the option for 1 minute and 3 minute clips but it still saves them as 1 minute clips. Go back into settings and it shows 1 minute clips still being selected.

Also asked for most recent clip to be saved on pressing the camera button but this doesn’t seem to work.

I turned the camera off and on again but this strangely ended up resetting back to out of box settings.

Followed their instructions again and back to square one.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
Followed their instructions again and back to square one.
1. Format the memory card
2. Copy these 3 BIN files to the memory card;
3. Insert the memory card into the camera, start the car, the camera will automatically upgrade
4. After about 30 seconds, the upgrade is complete, access the APP to format the memory card again.

Worked for me right away.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 pilot, plus, performance, magnesium.
516 Posts
3. Insert the memory card into the camera, start the car, the camera will automatically upgrade
4. After about 30 seconds, the upgrade is complete, access the APP to format the memory card again.

What config does this give you and could you send my way?

·
Registered
58 Posts

Yes, followed all the steps. Same instructions I was sent. Afterwards going into the camera settings it then showed 1 and 3 minute clips where as before it only had 1 minute clips.

Still for some reason it does not save 3 minute clips, go back to the settings and 1 minute clips are still selected. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
As I was chatting with their CS about further raising the view angle, I thought I'd fire off another request:

"Would you consider making the app available for Android Automotive OS? The Polestar 2 runs Android Automotive OS and can connect to WiFi, so it should be possible and would be great to use the FitCamX car on the infotainment system of the car."

Edit: They are asking about the screen resolution. Can anyone help?

81 - 100 of 122 Posts