Polestar Forum banner
101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 pilot, plus, performance, magnesium.
516 Posts
As I was chatting with their CS about further raising the view angle, I thought I'd fire off another request:

"Would you consider making the app available for Android Automotive OS? The Polestar 2 runs Android Automotive OS and can connect to WiFi, so it should be possible and would be great to use the FitCamX car on the infotainment system of the car."

Edit: They are asking about the screen resolution. Can anyone help?
It's not worth it as the car will have to connect to it via WiFi which will hinder it's internet access and data.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 pilot, plus, performance, magnesium.
516 Posts
My use case is not about using while driving - rather while parked instead of the phone.
But why? Just use your phone the camera will always set an automatic connection to the car. So your sitting in the car using the app for the car. Time to leave have to go disconnect the camera from the car wifi so you can start navigations. Does not make sense.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My use case is not about using while driving - rather while parked instead of the phone.
Would be interested to see if that's something that eventually becomes available. I know I've been in a few accidents that left me pretty shaken up, so using the larger P*2 screen would be easier for me to manage video recall than on my phone if I needed to show responders.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello FitcamX users - I purchased and installed the front dashcam over the weekend. It was easy and works as expected. I did get on a chat with customer support to mention that even with the "new" housing, the angle is still too low. They asked for a screen shot, which I provided and they responded with, "yes, it would be more perfect if it was pointing up a little more". They also stated that they would take it into consideration to further modify the housing.
If we want to get this done, I'm asking you all to please contact customer service at some point to also request this. If they get multiple feedback they will be more apt to make the further modifications to improve the angle.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello FitcamX users - I purchased and installed the front dashcam over the weekend. It was easy and works as expected. I did get on a chat with customer support to mention that even with the "new" housing, the angle is still too low. They asked for a screen shot, which I provided and they responded with, "yes, it would be more perfect if it was pointing up a little more". They also stated that they would take it into consideration to further modify the housing.
If we want to get this done, I'm asking you all to please contact customer service at some point to also request this. If they get multiple feedback they will be more apt to make the further modifications to improve the angle.
Sure, but we’d have to buy it all over again. Pass. There are other dash cams on the market with better clarity, scope, and adjustability.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That changes everything. I purchased mine at the end of August '22. When was the latest housing released?
If you bought last month then you have the latest, same as me. My point is that it could still be improved and customer service agreed with me. Reach out to them and mention that the dash/hood still takes up too much of the screen and see if you get the same response that they "will consider adjusting it". The more that mention it to them, the more likely it gets done.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So just because you bought recently does not mean you have the latest housing. I bought one last month via Amazon and returned it because it was the old housing. If you can only see the top 1/3 of the center speaker you have the new housing, if you see more than 2/3 of the center speaker you have the old housing. From my experience, units out in the channel (that likely have been sitting in retailer inventory) can still be the old housing.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
So just because you bought recently does not mean you have the latest housing. I bought one last month via Amazon and returned it because it was the old housing. If you can only see the top 1/3 of the center speaker you have the new housing, if you see more than 2/3 of the center speaker you have the old housing. From my experience, units out in the channel (that likely have been sitting in retailer inventory) can still be the old housing.
Definitely, I meantioned a similar thing to someone. I suspect there is old stock in the channel still as they've had this available since feb/march this year but I still see people complain about it.

One thing I've noticed is that they no longer list the imaging sensor they use, mine is a Sony Starvis imx335 but now they list the CPU instead. I find that odd for a dash cam, I wonder whether they've changed the image sensor to a lesser one as I'm seeing more and more reports that are image quality related which I don't get as its awesome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently installed the latest Fitcamx model. Installation was easy for even a non-technical person like myself. Very pleased with the image quality, but disappointed by the angle.
Their very responsive customer support sent me a picture showing the difference between the initial model and the latest one with the improved angle. (Because I was doubting whether I had the improved version.)
Tire Automotive tire Sleeve Gadget Cable

I returned a screenshot showing that although I have the latest version, still nearly 39% of the picture is filled with the hood + dashboard. A 20/80 ratio would be more acceptable to me.
Sky Plant Tree Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

They then said that they are planning a version 3 which is supposed to be manufactured in about 2 months from now. I assume it will have a better angle.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They then said that they are planning a version 3 which is supposed to be manufactured in about 2 months from now. I assume it will have a better angle.
Fingers crossed they follow through with this. I mentioned it a couple months ago through 2 different chats with customer service. They agreed that the angle could still be improved and said they would consider a revision, but didn't mention any timeframe. And yes, it would be a retrofit for existing users.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I recently installed the latest Fitcamx model. Installation was easy for even a non-technical person like myself. Very pleased with the image quality, but disappointed by the angle.
Their very responsive customer support sent me a picture showing the difference between the initial model and the latest one with the improved angle. (Because I was doubting whether I had the improved version.)
View attachment 19915

I returned a screenshot showing that although I have the latest version, still nearly 39% of the picture is filled with the hood + dashboard. A 20/80 ratio would be more acceptable to me.
View attachment 19916

Interesting.
I’ve bought a FitcamX back in April of this year, and it doesn’t show the same ratio:
Sky Cloud Car Vehicle Road surface

are you sure it’s installed correctly?

·
Registered
P2 | LRSM | Moon | Pilot
150 Posts
Interesting.
I’ve bought a FitcamX back in April of this year, and it doesn’t show the same ratio:
View attachment 19927

are you sure it’s installed correctly?
I bought mine from the FitcamX website a couple of weeks ago, and I see a lot more of the central speaker at the bottom of the footage. Maybe I've been given the old housing, but at least it still captures nice footage of other Polestars while I'm out and about, and that's the main purpose of having a dashcam isn't it? :giggle:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tire

101 - 120 of 122 Posts