Polestar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced outer casing... a bit bulkier and heavier, but so much nicer in the hand... until they can get stuffed in a drawer when the mobile app eventually appears (and yes I'm using the small buttonless blade key too).

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
How? With what?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a physical metal key inside them when you pop the covers off... any idea what that might be for? As I don't see a keyhole anywhere for a manual override... but assuming I haven't looked hard enough!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
There's a physical metal key inside them when you pop the covers off... any idea what that might be for? As I don't see a keyhole anywhere for a manual override... but assuming I haven't looked hard enough!
You have to pull the handle out and then a keyhole is exposed for when your remote doesn't work or the battery is dead. Check the manual.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Replaced outer casing... a bit bulkier and heavier, but so much nicer in the hand... until they can get stuffed in a drawer when the mobile app eventually appears (and yes I'm using the small buttonless blade key too).

View attachment 1352
I have one of those - quite good quality but about 3 or 4 times the weight of the original key. Also comes with a tag to go onto your belt, but I can't figure out how to get that attached.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one of those - quite good quality but about 3 or 4 times the weight of the original key. Also comes with a tag to go onto your belt, but I can't figure out how to get that attached.
Remove the two screws in the clasp, loop the leather strap through the key case and line up the two ends together before inserting in to the bottom of the clasp. Then replace the screws to hold it in place (you’ll notice they’re pointy screws to drive through the strap).

·
Registered
Polestar 2 | Non PP | 19 | Snow
12 Posts
If you remove the plastic cover and fit this, can it be put back to original.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, very easily. The cover is designed to come off (to change the battery or access the hard key).

·
Registered
Polestar 2 | Non PP | 19 | Snow
12 Posts
Yes, very easily. The cover is designed to come off (to change the battery or access the hard key).

Cheers I found the big key off putting so I normally use the blade/ small fob, but I find my self engaged in a dance with the door handle when I unlock it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Remove the two screws in the clasp, loop the leather strap through the key case and line up the two ends together before inserting in to the bottom of the clasp. Then replace the screws to hold it in place (you’ll notice they’re pointy screws to drive through the strap).
Excellent - I will give it a go.
Not sure if I will go with this case as it is a lot heavier and bulkier than the original, but it's nice to have options.

·
Registered
Coming soon P2, Magnesium on Charcoal, performance pack
18 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I purchased mine on Amazon. I went with the blue leather which the reviews says is very dark, navy blue (almost black), much darker in the images, which is what I want.
Not cheap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts