Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I tell google to play a radio station it does it. But there's no place to select it. The manual shows an icon for it but it's nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
So if I tell google to play a radio station it does it. But there's no place to select it. The manual shows an icon for it but it's nowhere to be found.
I can access the radio app from the 4 tile screen, which is different from the Home Screen. The Home Screen shows the status for last used or default app from each of the 4 tiles.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a radio app there, and couldn't find it in the store either. What am I missing?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I've got is Bluetooth Media Player which I think came up when I paired my phone, iHeartRadio and Spotify both of which I installed. The FM tuner is definitely there because I can play local stations and I get static on distance stations.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And the right and left buttons on the steering wheel move from one station to the next, I just can't see what the heck it's doing.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I found the radio icon under settings, show all apps. But that's just app info, it still doesn't show up anywhere else.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
Okay, I found the radio icon under settings, show all apps. But that's just app info, it still doesn't show up anywhere else.
I think there's a setting somewhere about hiding unused/little used apps... maybe that's hiding some apps for you?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And both of yours came that way? You didn't have to install or reposition the radio app?

Also @polerad your screen looks flipped. My music is in the lower right. Can you rearrange tiles?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
And both of yours came that way? You didn't have to install or reposition the radio app?

Also @polerad your screen looks flipped. My music is in the lower right. Can you rearrange tiles?
you can rearrange apps within/between each tile. I moved my music to the lower left so it's easier to jab at. Maps upper left. bottom right for phone and bluetooth. Top right for all miscellaneous I don't use.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you can rearrange apps within/between each tile. I moved my music to the lower left so it's easier to jab at. Maps upper left. bottom right for phone and bluetooth. Top right for all miscellaneous I don't use.
Ah. So you don't move tiles around you just move the apps across tiles. I like your organization but I think I'll keep Bluetooth with audio apps because it accesses music on my phone that there is no app for. Who knows, maybe if I start moving things around the radio app will appear. 🙂

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To add insult to injury, when I got back in the car the radio was playing and the radio app was up showing all the stations available. But when I went back to the homepage or anywhere else the app couldn't be brought back up despite the fact that the radio continued to play.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And of course the manual is of no help at all. It just assumes the app is always there -- which mine just isn't.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Is there a link to the Google Play Store anywhere in the UX where you could search for it and reinstall that app?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can get to the play store and search on "Radio" but it doesn't come up. I can play the radio if I ask Google so the app is on there, but just not visible.

·
Registered
664 Posts
On another note, do the US cars have SiriusXM radio? Satellite antenna or just app support?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts