Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yep, also waiting for some kind of order that will be accepted by the OLEV people so that I can get the home charger installed. With a Polestar lease you get nothing as a contract until the finance is signed off. Finance won't start until the car is assigned a Registration plate... *sigh

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me it's even worse ... I ordered mine before some people here who already have their cars ... for some reason mine got delayed due to a tow bar option. Then I see someone on Facebook who ordered a month after me, same colour, non-PP, and a tow bar (although the 20" wheels) .... and got theirs last Friday. Their vin in the 5xxx ... mine is in the 112xx

I knew it would be hard waiting ... but last time I waited 9 months for a Jag F-Pace I still had a car to drive around. This time I have nothing ....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes that would suck. At least I only ordered mine on the 27th September and they are suggesting a November delivery which I'm ok with. I also have a BMW 540i which I can voluntarily return on the PCP deal anytime, so I'm still mobile at least

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember the monkey, don't let go of one branch until you have a firm grip on another.
But I got offered a really good price ... :( Under normal times I would turn down £1-2k extra vs waiting 4-6 weeks for new car .. but due to all these lockdowns I didn't think it would be that big a deal.

It's worse ... I'm at home all day with facebook and forums telling me people have their cars 😭

This is my keyboard now:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And then add to the mix...."I hope I get one of the good ones"
Mehh ... I'm lucky I have 3 Volvo dealerships within 30 miles radius ... one of them must be decent :D

At least I'd have a loan car ... feeling the pain of no car atm ... if I knew it was mid/late-Nov I'd buy a banger with a months MOT left on it, but speaking to Polestar they hinted at end Oct / first week Nov - no guarantee but that's where it should be landing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep, also waiting for some kind of order that will be accepted by the OLEV people so that I can get the home charger installed. With a Polestar lease you get nothing as a contract until the finance is signed off. Finance won't start until the car is assigned a Registration plate... *sigh
I just used the Quote number from Select and they accepted that - as long as you consistently use the same reference I think this is ok. Installer contacted me this morning to put the Pod Point in. I believe you may have to update the DVLA with the final details once you have the car.

Pod Point were pedantic with which forms to fill in, and rejected the application a couple of times and finally I needed a letter from my employer - (which is me as I am the boss), so I wrote a letter from the company signed by me, and they accepted it. Have to say that the process is complicated if you are claiming the grant, but Pod Point really do help you through it, even giving you sample letters, etc. So I would recommend it.

That's how I did it anyway.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just used the Quote number from Select and they accepted that
Unfortunately the paperwork from the Polestar leasing is just the initial order form. Not signed and no commitment to buy, so as far as OLEV is concerned you don't have a car on order until the leasing paperwork has been signed.

Kinda makes sense as I can pull out at any time right now with no penalty, so why would they approve the rebate until there is an actual contract

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I can see the issue - think this is why once I have the car I must prove I have it. There was a caveat in the order process to allow for this, because I too could cancel at any time. I think there is 6? month time limit otherwise I get into trouble......It was all detailed on the application process, which I half read in my excitement of getting it processed. I probably should have paid more attention.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

People in the UK with Vin's in the 9xxx are now getting their cars ... I hope mine somewhere in the 112xx range won't be far behind.

·
Registered
191 Posts
As I mentioned over in the UK leasing thread, I ordered in late August through Leaseplan via a broker (non-PP, void, slate, 20", load carrier).

Yesterday they told me that the car had arrived in the UK, and today I got a delivery date of 26th October! VIN 4xxx, Order number 1102xxxx.

Frankly, am amazed given other people's experiences. My charger isn't getting installed until 2 weeks later!

·
Registered
240 Posts
As I mentioned over in the UK leasing thread, I ordered in late August through Leaseplan via a broker (non-PP, void, slate, 20", load carrier).

Yesterday they told me that the car had arrived in the UK, and today I got a delivery date of 26th October! VIN 4xxx, Order number 1102xxxx.

Frankly, am amazed given other people's experiences. My charger isn't getting installed until 2 weeks later!
Similar to my experience. I'll have been using granny charger for 2 weeks when electrician gets here to sort it. It's not too bad with lockdown

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Order is 1101xxxx
My Vin is 112xx
My order date was July 21st.

You are lucky you picked Void / Charcoal ... I assume they can do a wheel swap. Also such a low VIN number means current stock in the UK.

Mine is still "November"

Happy for you ... sad for me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You are lucky you picked Void / Charcoal
I actually went with slate interior, but yeah I imagine there are a fair few Voids being produced.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm going to call them Monday ... as it will be 1 month from my order going from "Order Confirmation" to "Planning Delivery"

I've uploaded my Driving Licence and signed the Contract, transferred £1000 to them as a test, and got my deposit back.

I don't mind waiting 2 weeks to get the car, but not knowing the date is driving me nuts. Every other car I've owned I had a delivery date.

Mini (about 3 months wait) - BMW after 1 week gave me a delivery week, which they meet.
Kia - I asked for it on the 1st March in January, and it was there on the 1st March.
Jag (about 6+ months wait!) - They gave me a two week window, then I got told my car would be at the dealership (with about two weeks notice) a full two weeks early.

This is a Month's window ... that moves up and down like a yo-yo. I've had OCT-DEC now ... that's 12 weeks! It's ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts