1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how the Polestar 2 compares to the Ford Mustang Mach-E

Ford Mustang Mach-E vs Polestar 2: Dimensions - Length

Ford Mustang Mach-E vs Polestar 2 Exterior Dimensions
Ford Mustang Mach-EAudi E-TronMercedes EQCJaguar I-PacePolestar 2Hyundai Kona EVTesla Model Y
Length186 in.193 in.187.5 in.184.4 in.181.4 in.164.6 in.not yet available
Width74 in.76.3 in.74.0 in.74.6 in.73.2 in.70.9 in.not yet available
Height63 in.65.5 in.63.9 in.61.3 in.58.2 in.61.2 in.not yet available

Ford Mustang Mach-E vs Polestar 2: Specs
FORD MUSTANG MACH-EPOLESTAR 2
Battery75.5 kWh / 98.8 kWh78 kWh
Horsepower255 horsepower / 459 horsepower408 horsepower
Torque306 pound-feet / 459 pound-feet487 pound-feet
Range210 to 330 milles275 miles
Drive TypeRWD / AWDAWD
0 to 60 MPH3.5 to 6.5 seconds4.7 seconds
Top Speedn/an/a

Source

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I spec'd the extended range version up it came out at over £58k; compared to just over £50k for the Polestar (pre-rebate).

Frankly I'd stick with the Polestar

·
Registered
402 Posts

Have to hand it to Ford - their extended range production model did nearly 300 mi real world including highway in one go, with apparently a decent amount of charge left at the end. Who knows if the guy was driving 45 mph the whole way or something, but still impressive!

·
Registered
480 Posts
The RWD Extended Range option is a 100kW battery, with a range of 370miles WLTP. So I'd be disappointed if it wasn't doing 280+

Still 300 miles is good, however as you say we have no idea on what speed he was doing the whole trip.
However, the few times I did see his speed he was travelling at 80-90km/h - no idea if he did this speed the whole way or not.

For me with no confirmation of a tow bar and limits and "eta early 2021" but in reality mid-late 2021 I can wait 3-4 years and see how the car goes, and if good then maybe 2024!

·
Registered
275 Posts
When you price up the MachE in full spec they are very expensive in the UK. The options offered are odd and you need to be careful.

·
Registered
480 Posts
When you price up the MachE in full spec they are very expensive in the UK. The options offered are odd and you need to be careful.
£40 to £60 sounds a lot, but for an EV and the range / battery size it's about "EV Level".

The £40k is only £5k more than the Kia Niro. If the range can keep up with the eNiro as well as features, etc.. then yeah looks good.
The £60k is more like Model Y .... but with really bad 0-60 performance in comparison.

Will have to see final spec's and how good it really is. But I like the look of it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I liked it too, and the idea that in the UK they will tie in with a charging network. I can't remember the exact problems i had pricing up the spec we wanted, but i seem to remember it revolved about the 2WD not having panoramic roof, and speccing 4WD with longer range battery got very pricey. The other big unknown is build quality and support/service. If Ford are serious about EV neither should be a problem though.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
It's a tough engineering decision, right? More battery = more range, but also more weight and cost. More weight hampers acceleration and handling. So where's the sweet spot? For daily driving, 78 kwh is probably too much, frankly, but right now range sells cars.

I think Polestar has it about right.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I think there's little doubt that the Mach-E is going to do very well in the market. They quickly sold out all their pre-orders, and it seems like Ford is getting it right so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts