Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July 21 vin 26xxx
495 Posts
Hmmm so if the jack is not supplied anymore, and I am cool with that as I haven’t changed a tyre myself in 20years, what else can we put in this space. Looks like a job for @mroek

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hmmm so if the jack is not supplied anymore, and I am cool with that as I haven’t changed a tyre myself in 20years, what else can we put in this space. Looks like a job for @mroek
The first aid kit fits in there nicely ... although doesn't fill the space. What about some yellow jackets?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
169 Posts
It’s an odd space, with a shallow recess.🤔
Possibly charging cable, though it’s incredibly annoying that an alarm sounds whenever you pull the bonnet release catch ! 🙉
The first aid kit fits in there nicely ... although doesn't fill the space. What about some yellow jackets?
I don’t think introducing insects
is a very good idea !

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July 21 vin 26xxx
495 Posts
Back in the real world this was exactly what I was thinking. Things that very rarely get used but are essential.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The Jack had a lot of flak in the early days as apparently in some manual somewhere it said it came as standard which it doesn’t.
Early spec (*when I ordered mine) as listed in Polestar 2 – Technical Data (Europe) includes:

Tyre repair kit and jack
First aid kit
Warning triangle

Mind you, it also states:

Future additions via OTA:
• Polestar Digital Key (later in 2020)
• Connected Safety (later in 2020)
• Apple CarPlay (mid 2021)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:

And, not forgetting:
  • Polestar Hoodie​

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I have to believe that jacking the car up before using the repair kit would increase the chances of success.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not sure what to design to fit in there, though. The space is also too large for most home 3D-printers, so would have to be split in multiple parts.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Divide the car weight by 4 basically, you're only lifting a corner.
Ideally you'd want to have some safety margin - at least 20% more than (car weight)/4 - because you can't always be sure whether the car is parked on ground that is exactly perpendicular to the gravitational field of the earth, how loaded the car is, what if someone bumps into the car while driving/walking etc.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Ideally you'd want to have some safety margin - at least 20% more than (car weight)/4 - because you can't always be sure whether the car is parked on ground that is exactly perpendicular to the gravitational field of the earth, how loaded the car is, what if someone bumps into the car while driving/walking etc.
That's why I suggested you not take the wheel off (no need), but just jack it up to take pressure off of it before trying to put the goo in.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Yup... Makes me think I'm going to get some wheel blocks of I ever plan on working on the car... The jack is rated for 1200kg, car weighs 2123kg dry, but I'd never use it for more than lifting the car a little to adjust the suspension or an emergency tire change.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts