Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have, since I was 16 years old, owned a lot of different Saab’s as daily drivers (900s, 9000s, 9-5s, 9-3s). And now, 20 years later, the era will be over and I have now ordered a P2 to replace my 2010 Saab 9-3 Aero.

I have for a couple of years now realised the fact that this is probably my last Saab daily driver and as a Saab enthusiast/freak it really feels like the right decision in the end. I think both the car and the brand has a lot of similarities.

Can barely wait to get my Magnesium Dual Motor with Plus and Pilot Packages!

Best,
Markus

·
Registered
15 Posts
You will like the Polestar. I’ve owned 9 Saabs over the years, and the P2 is as close as it gets if you like niche cars.

Reminds me of my NG 9-5 in that I’ve yet to see another P2 whilst driving mine.

Before the P2, I seriously thought I’d drive Saabs for the rest of my life, but I am glad I’ve found a brand where I can enjoy a new niche car with some of the latest features. Anxiously waiting to see what the future holds for the brand, and whether they can distinguish it from Volvo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will like the Polestar. I’ve owned 9 Saabs over the years, and the P2 is as close as it gets if you like niche cars.

Before the P2, I seriously thought I’d drive Saabs for the rest of my life, but I am glad I’ve found a brand where I can enjoy a new niche car with some of the latest features. Anxiously waiting to see what the future holds for the brand, and whether they can distinguish it from Volvo.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've always liked Sabb design, especially the latest 9-3 but too bad they went out of business before I could get a hold of them... Glad to know it drives like one.

Reactions: Murkas

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hi @Murkas ! I , too, have a Saab story. The Polestar 2 is the 3rd car I've ever owned, and I'm 56 years old. My first car (and my first love) was a red 1987 Saab 900 that I purchased new in California right out of college and drove for over 20 years. Such a great car. My wife had a 9-3 for many years but, alas, that was really a GM and not a real Saab. I had an Audi A4 after the 900, since Saab was going belly up around that time. And now the Polestar, which I absolutely love.

When I first bought my Saab in California in the 1987, nobody knew what it was, so that is similar to the Polestar in that way. The Saab 900 was popular in New England (where I grew up) as a cold-weather car, but nobody in California seemed to had ever seen one at that point.

I've always felt that the Polestar 2 shares some design language with Saab, probably most directly with the 9-5, but really going all the way back to the 99.

Hope you enjoy your Polestar as much as I've been loving mine!

·
Registered
941 Posts

OP is from Sweden..... Saab is not a niche car here 🤔

Reactions: Murkas

·
Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
500 Posts
Sadly I only ever owned one Saab. My first car, a 90 (relabelled 99). It was the best car to drive that I ever owned, but rising petrol prices and small baggage space with a growing family meant that it had to go for more sensible (read boring) transport. From being a small child, Saab was my favourite brand. I could never understand why my parents didn't buy one. I was heartbroken when GM first took away the soul of the brand, then destroyed it. I had initial hopes for NEVS, but P2 does feel like a natural successor to the Saab Kombi-Coupe.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Long Range, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,419 Posts
I've always liked Saabs too, and for me the Vauxhall Ampera (=Chevrolet Volt) should have been sold as a Saab as it was chock full of novel, unusual, brilliant engineering - everything the original Saab was famous for. I guess it's no coincidence I've gone from an Ampera to a Polestar (via a Kona but that was different - the first decent range EV I could afford).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like a great combo! Just go ahead and order one! 😊
I’m keeping this in my garage for shorter day trips.

View attachment 7395
That SPG is a beauty! Waiting for the buyer of my S60 to show up with cash when he gets off work, then ordering a Fully loaded Void 2022 Polestar, all packs +Napa leather and towbar, only things I am hesitant on are extra warranties, and the load bars...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That SPG is a beauty! Waiting for the buyer of my S60 to show up with cash when he gets off work, then ordering a Fully loaded Void 2022 Polestar, all packs +Napa leather and towbar, only things I am hesitant on are extra warranties, and the load bars...
Nice!!
The small boy within me wanted to have the Performance Pack, but my brain couldn’t justify it. But I’m starting to have second thoughts…

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm loving this thread. I've been a Saab fan for years, and it still pains me to see what GM did to them, with their lame attempts at badge engineering. I sometimes think that with the changes taking place in the auto industry, it would have been a great time for a brand that was proudly somewhat left of mainstream. I'm not planning on buying another car for a few years (waiting for infrastructure and battery improvements), but I'm definitely keeping my eye on Polestar.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts