Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Next week I will pick my new baby up!

On Friday I will put my old gem out for sale. Took some pictures during the weekend. Wish me luck!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
Good luck with both the sale and your new car!
For me the last real Saab was the 99/90 (900 at a pinch, although the bonnet was nowhere near as nice), but then I'm a dinosaur ;)

Registered
2022 P2
Thanks for bringing this up. Another former Saab guy here - back in the early 90s I had a silver 1988 900 Turbo convertible. I learned to drive stick in that fine vehicle. It was definitely a unique car in Dallas at the time. Thinking back, my only minor quibble was that it didn't have a hatchback. But now with my P2 I am loving the liftback life. I guess the P2 scratches that quirky itch that I had forgotten I had!

Registered
And another ex-SAAB driver. My last 17 years of driving have all been at the wheel of Swedish cars, a 2004 9-5 estate, a 2010 Volvo XC60 , a 2017 Volvo XC60 and now a P2. My wife has also had a V40.

I loved my SAAB, reliable, solid and a bit different. I loved the last model 9-5 and was about to buy one when they went bust. In many ways I think that the P2 has a very similar look to it?

Registered
Another Saab fan here. My first car was a 900 Turbo 3 door. Then got a 900 convertible 2.3 in amethyst. And my last one was a 93 T18 Convertible silver with blue roof. The polestar 2 gives me and my wife a real Saab feeling. To me if Saab was still producing cars and created an EV they would have created the P*2.

Registered
Back in the day my boss had a Saab 900 Turbo.... I couldn't image wanting anything more. True then, but how things change.

Registered
Back in the day my boss had a Saab 900 Turbo.... I couldn't image wanting anything more. True then, but how things change.
They were great, although the torque steer could be scary if you aren't careful. I had a few corners where it just wanted to go straight ahead :eek: But to be fair that was a specially tweaked version by Saab City in London...Those seats and that dashboard was special in those days.

Registered
A nice classic Saab 900 Turbo is soon at the same price as a new PS2 馃槉
Definitely, I'd love one but already got a VW Golf MK2 GTI, and a BMW E30 Coupe. And on the search for a classic 911. My wife would probably be pushed over the limit if I added a Saab to the collection as well :ROFLMAO:

Registered
P2 Plus Pilot Void
Hm, about to receive my Polestar 2 and I was reflecting on the Saab 900 turbo (3 door) that I had so many years ago. I've never had a car that I loved as much. The engineering seemed smart, the design wasn't for everyone and it had its quirks but those things made it lovable. It was practical and a lot of fun to drive. I feel like the Polestar 2 is the first new car I've seen that fits that spirit. Interesting to see others having similar thoughts here.

Registered
Next week I will pick my new baby up!

On Friday I will put my old gem out for sale. Took some pictures during the weekend. Wish me luck!

View attachment 7867
I loved my SAAB, reliable, solid and a bit different. I loved the last model 9-5 and was about to buy one when they went bust. In many ways I think that the P2 has a very similar look to it?
Exactly what helped attract me to the Polestar. I think the second gen 9-5 is really similar. Former Volvo owner who always wanted a Saab but never got around to it....

Registered
Exactly what helped attract me to the Polestar. I think the send gen 9-5 is really similar. Former Volvo owner who always wanted a Saab but never got around to it....
The 2nd gen 9-5 is one of the most underrated cars of all time, and I loved mine. The Polestar is not quite as weird (night mode anyone?) but it's quirky and awesome and drives even better.

Registered
The 2nd gen 9-5 is one of the most underrated cars of all time, and I loved mine. The Polestar is not quite as weird (night mode anyone?) but it's quirky and awesome and drives even better.
I loved the night mode. Although I鈥檝e only had 900s and 93s so aren鈥檛 fully sure it was the same. My Range Rover has a similar setting on its digital dash, it only shows the sections that are important or relevant and hides the rest. I love it. Wish more cars do that.

Registered
Does turning to off the interior light brightness via the dial by the steering wheel recap the effect?

Registered
P2PPP
Does turning to off the interior light brightness via the dial by the steering wheel recap the effect?
No, that was different. It's nice to be able to dim the LCDs, but they're still on in all their overly detailed glory.

The night panel would turn EVERYTHING off, and then only show you the gauges you actually need at the time.
  • the speedometer was on all the time, but the upper range (above ~80mph) would only light up if you exceed it
  • changing songs - the info display would show what's coming up
  • if you're under a quarter tank, the fuel gauge would come on
  • if you're on boost, the boost gauge would come on momentarily
  • if there's a CEL... well you get the idea :)
  • and so on

Registered
No, that was different. It's nice to be able to dim the LCDs, but they're still on in all their overly detailed glory.

The night panel would turn EVERYTHING off, and then only show you the gauges you actually need at the time.
  • the speedometer was on all the time, but the upper range (above ~80mph) would only light up if you exceed it
  • changing songs - the info display would show what's coming up
  • if you're under a quarter tank, the fuel gauge would come on
  • if you're on boost, the boost gauge would come on momentarily
  • if there's a CEL... well you get the idea :)
  • and so on

Yes, exactly. Based on the "dark cockpit" concept used in modern aircraft instrument panel design, where the instruments only display information that is needed at that point in flight.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts