Just pictured it in my head and now I need it.No, that was different. It's nice to be able to dim the LCDs, but they're still on in all their overly detailed glory.
The night panel would turn EVERYTHING off, and then only show you the gauges you actually need at the time.
- the speedometer was on all the time, but the upper range (above ~80mph) would only light up if you exceed it
- changing songs - the info display would show what's coming up
- if you're under a quarter tank, the fuel gauge would come on
- if you're on boost, the boost gauge would come on momentarily
- if there's a CEL... well you get the idea
- and so on