Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2022 P2 LR DM Void
46 Posts
Looks like we are up to 10 now and it really appears to only affect P2 without the PLUS pack. Please make sure to report this to Polestar customer service. The more people report it the higher the chances it will (eventually) be fixed via future OTA update. Would be nice if the footwell lights come on before it gets darker in the Northern hemisphere again.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Same issue. Base model with no footwell lights working. Was also expecting lighting along the dash, but not sure if that’s part of a package?
The lights that run across the dashboard, around the drive selector and just below the central infotainment screen is part of the Plus pack. But all models should have front foot well lights. I had my car since October 2021, it was working up to 2.1 OTA software, from 2.1 my lights no longer come on. I only have the pilot pack, no plus pack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The lights that run across the dashboard, around the drive selector and just below the central infotainment screen is part of the Plus pack. But all models should have front foot well lights. I had my car since October 2021, it was working up to 2.1 OTA software, from 2.1 my lights no longer come on. I only have the pilot pack, no plus pack.
Thanks for clarifying this.

·
Registered
2022 P2 LR DM Void
46 Posts
Looks like we might be up to a dozen now with "lights out". If you are new to this thread and have the footwell lights out please report to Polestar asap. Thanks!.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the same problem too. My car is at the service center since 1 and a half weeks. Everything got swapped and nothing works. The ECU is getting swapped and now we will see

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
i have the same problem too. My car is at the service center since 1 and a half weeks. Everything got swapped and nothing works. The ECU is getting swapped and now we will see
Is your car without the plus pack? Please let us know if the ECU swap fixes the issue. I personally think it's a software issues because before 2.1 it was working. Since 2.1 for me it stopped working and in the replies to this post more owners without the plus pack is reporting the issue. So if the replacement ECU is still running software with the bug it will remain off in my opinion.
Please keep us posted. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
2022 SRSM with Full Pilot Pack only. Noticed the footwell lights not working yesterday (2.2 installed) and definitely had this feature when I first got the car in May.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
2022 SRSM with Full Pilot Pack only. Noticed the footwell lights not working yesterday (2.2 installed) and definitely had this feature when I first got the car in May.
I also have only the full pilot pack.The lights stopped working with 2.1 OTA, I noticed this a couple of days after I installed it early June. Please report this to Polestar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is your car without the plus pack? Please let us know if the ECU swap fixes the issue. I personally think it's a software issues because before 2.1 it was working. Since 2.1 for me it stopped working and in the replies to this post more owners without the plus pack is reporting the issue. So if the replacement ECU is still running software with the bug it will remain off in my opinion.
Please keep us posted. Thanks
I don’t have the plus pack. Just pilot

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I don’t have the plus pack. Just pilot
Thanks for confirming which pack you have.
Based on all the owners reports, everyone with the issue either has the base car or only the Pilot pack. Cars with the Plus pack which has the extended ambient lighting appears to be not affiliated. So I think a bug has been introduced or a lighting feature has been toggled off in the 2.1 OTA software.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
For what it’s worth, we’ve updated to 2.2 OTA and they’re still not working
I reported the issue to Polestar CS soon after I installed 2.1 and noticed the issue. The CS agent, wasn't even aware of the issue.

I knew 2.2 wouldn't address the lights. It's either the software team aren't made aware of the bug or if they have been its way low down on their list of bugs to resolve.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd like to add our car to the list of cars without footwell lighting since 2.2 update. We were on 2.0 previously, and I usually vacuum the car in the garage. Went to clean it last week before a road trip, and noticed it was awfully dark.

On the plus side, DCFC now seems to be seamless on all chargers, not a single fault on the road trip, which is much more important to me. Lol.

·
Registered
22-Thunder-LRDM-Pilot
40 Posts
I just got delivery of my 22LRDM with pilot package with recentely 2.2 ínstales before delivery by space and the footwell lighting is not working either. When I took delivery two days ago I also noticed the connect button wasn’t lighting up. The representative at the space told me it was probably a bug that would be fixed with the next upgrade. I remember reading something about that specific button. But on my drive home the light worked, and i didn’t put attention anymore to the rest of the lighting. I am also having no music audio coming from central dash speaker, only google assistant audio, and now I’m wondering if both are linked to a bug of 2.2. Is hard to notice the lack of music audio coming out of that speaker because the front doors and A Pilar tweeters are strong enough to not make it noticeable that is not working. I will contact support today. It’s sad it’s only day 2 for me. I posted here the issue with the speaker but I haven’t get much input. Maybe this is only for cara with no plus package. Anyone can check sound from dash speaker ?

·
Registered
2022 P2 LR DM Void
46 Posts
Please report the footwell lights being out to Polestar customer service if not already done. Footwell lights worked up to 2.0 and have gone dark in likely all non-PLUS package P2 with OTA 2.1. OTA 2.2 did not fix it. Regarding your dash speaker issue I see you have started a dedicated new thread which is good. I will respond to your question in that dedicated thread. This thread here should stay "footwell light related only" to stay on this dedicated topic.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
My exact car is currently under research by Volvo so they can’t give me my car back.
Maybe it's worth mentioning to Volvo you have heard other polestar 2 owners who reported the lights stopped working since OTA 2.1 software update. This update might give them clues which code stopped the lights from coming on.

·
Registered
2022 P2 LR DM Void
46 Posts
My exact car is currently under research by Volvo so they can’t give me my car back.
Sorry I am breaking Forum rules by this German reply but trying to leave no stone unturned here to get a fix:
Aron2k: Bitte den Volvo Leuten sagen das es mindestens 14 weitere P2 global gibt (USA, UK) die das gleiche Problem haben. Fussraumleuchten funktionierten bis OTA 2.0. Ab OTA 2.1 waren sie aus. OTA 2.2 immer noch aus. Problem besteht nur bei BASIS (keine Pakete) und PILOT Paket. Bei P2 mit PLUS Paket funktionieren die Fussraumleuchten weiterhin.

·
Registered
22-Thunder-LRDM-Pilot
40 Posts
I insist, drivers with this issue and non-plus packages, could you check if your dash center speaker is reproducing music audio? I have a suspicion (might sound weird) that both issues are related, I haven't heard anyone with the Plus package complaining about not hearing music coming out of the center dash speaker. I would like to get more data so I can bring this issue to Polestar. So far they confirmed (through Facebook messenger) that the center speaker is part of the audio system and therefore it should reproduce audio, they did not specified what type (I am only hearing Google and voice from phone calls). By the way I already reported the issue to them about the foot well lights not working for me either.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts