Polestar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how Polestar is fitting North American style front license plates on the cars? I cannot find any photos of a Polestar 2 with one, to examine how Polestar will be attaching the front plate. Will there be a separate plate bracket drilled into the car or another solution?

A tow hook mount like this is always an option...https://www.cravenspeed.com/front-license-plate-mount-for-2019-2020-volvo-s60/

·
Registered
407 Posts
Saw this screenshot with a front EU license plate holder (from autogefuhl review. tl;dw- loves it!).
Seems they are OK with covering up a bit of the front air intake. I imagine for the US, which is ~4 cm taller than the EU plate, it might get pushed up ~1 cm relative to the EU plate and cover more vertical distance of the lower air intake, and continue to the central.

In either case, in CA these aren't exactly enforced all that much.... so I have decisions to make....

·
Registered
35 Posts
As long as they don't drill any holes and/or remount it in the Front Fascia to secure that bracket, they will have a sale from me.. Tesla has the best approach (sticky tape)

I passed on an I-pace for that detail alone.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
As long as they don't drill any holes and/or remount it in the Front Fascia to secure that bracket, they will have a sale from me.. Tesla has the best approach (sticky tape)

I passed on an I-pace for that detail alone.
Yeah. I wish the U.S. would adopt the dimensions of the Euro plates. Bother. Our plates do nothing to enhance the look of any car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Critical decision:
On my Midnight P*2 do I go for the blacked out plate option over the default white in California???

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I've done the same. I tell the dealer to not drill any holes and to not wash the car before delivery. All they end up doing is scratching it.
I had heard this before getting my last new car. The dealer reassured me they were super careful and persuaded me. So I let them wash the car. What a mistake! I spent months learning about how to polish those swirlies out and then ended up buying the equipment and supplies to do so.

So,yeah... I agree with tng here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had heard this before getting my last new car. The dealer reassured me they were super careful and persuaded me. So I let them wash the car. What a mistake! I spent months learning about how to polish those swirlies out and then ended up buying the equipment and supplies to do so.

So,yeah... I agree with tng here.
Sorry to hear about that scratched up car. Hopefully the polishing did not require removing too much from the clear coat layer. Really the best approach these days is affirmatively tell the dealer to not touch the car, and take it right over to a professional detailer who can remove any contaminants on the paint from shipping and then give the car a proper sealant and wax.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Critical decision:
On my Midnight P*2 do I go for the blacked out plate option over the default white in California???
View attachment 608
View attachment 609
I have ordered a custom plate "POLSTAR2" My paint is Snow and our plates are white with blue characters. I'm limited to 7 characters but Polaris the star is spelled without an e and I'm a bit of a hobby astronomer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have ordered a custom plate "POLSTAR2" My paint is Snow and our plates are white with blue characters. I'm limited to 7 characters but Polaris the star is spelled without an e and I'm a bit of a hobby astronomer.
Nice!!! The blacked out plate here is a vanity plate so I can choose what I want it to say (or take the random output). Decisions, decisions...

Also too bad they didn't have a red color option given your handle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi KanedaKid, if you're in Ontario you can get EV plates (green characters on white) that will allow you to use HOV lanes with a single person on board.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If they washed my new car and it had swirl marks I'd make them polish it again before I took delivery. And if they can't get it right just don't take delivery at all. I never signed paperwork before examining my car in it's final state.

As for plates, here in the US they haven't figured out that Euro style plates are a lot easier to read from a distance and would therefore provide police with better recognition. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice!!! The blacked out plate here is a vanity plate so I can choose what I want it to say (or take the random output). Decisions, decisions...

Also too bad they didn't have a red color option given your handle

View attachment 610
I don't have the Akira bike but my Monotracer, photo attached is going to look good next to my Snow P2. 😃

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
If they washed my new car and it had swirl marks I'd make them polish it again before I took delivery. And if they can't get it right just don't take delivery at all. I never signed paperwork before examining my car in it's final state.

As for plates, here in the US they haven't figured out that Euro style plates are a lot easier to read from a distance and would therefore provide police with better recognition. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi KanedaKid, if you're in Ontario you can get EV plates (green characters on white) that will allow you to use HOV lanes with a single person on board.
I know but I really wanted a custom plate. Most of the time I'm on the 407 ETR anyway so if I need the HOV lane I likely have another person in the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts