Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a thing today. First off, I hate drilling holes in my bumper. I don't know why. Because I know I will get a ticket in this thing eventually, I really didn't want a fix it ticket as well. I picked up this on Amazon:

DC Sports LPR-100 Universal Front License Plate Tow Hook Relocation Mounting Kit, Black, 12.75 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076VXV4D...abc_9MTFGV4RE85C889MTAFG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

To be honest, it was almost too painless. I took a pic of the tow hook part, if your all that interested, and how it looks. I used the 2 longest shafts, the second smallest expander thing and the longest screw.

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car Land vehicle

Wood Brush Tints and shades Medical equipment Electric blue

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 / Snow / Barley Nappa / Plus & Pilot Packs / Performance Pack / Trunk Mat / Towbar
130 Posts
I do not run a front plate here in California...a risk I might add. If I were to run one, I would do the same thing you did as much as I hate it.

Reactions: Mrcarr83

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
5 Posts
I did a thing today. First off, I hate drilling holes in my bumper. I don't know why. Because I know I will get a ticket in this thing eventually, I really didn't want a fix it ticket as well. I picked up this on Amazon:

DC Sports LPR-100 Universal Front License Plate Tow Hook Relocation Mounting Kit, Black, 12.75 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076VXV4D...abc_9MTFGV4RE85C889MTAFG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

To be honest, it was almost too painless. I took a pic of the tow hook part, if your all that interested, and how it looks. I used the 2 longest shafts, the second smallest expander thing and the longest screw.

View attachment 9100
View attachment 9101
Same, didn't want to drill into bumper, used sly brackets.
Sky Automotive parking light Cloud Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sky Brackets is your solution.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 / Snow / Barley Nappa / Plus & Pilot Packs / Performance Pack / Trunk Mat / Towbar
130 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same, didn't want to drill into bumper, used sly brackets.
View attachment 9102
That does look good. Maybe later.

I do not run a front plate here in California...a risk I might add. If I were to run one, I would do the same thing you did as much as I hate it.
Thats where I got all my no front plate fixed it tickets along with speeding tickets at the same time... maybe it was a sign to leave California 🤷🏼‍♂️. Until 2020 I was a resident of California.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
View attachment 9112
Check out my cravenspeed. Super clean.
Super clean!

You got enough clearance for the headlight washer?
Can you flip the orientation the other way to a) not block the washer and b) make it less asymmetric for the OCD-afflicted?

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
21’ Snow Performance Pack.
168 Posts
Super clean!

You got enough clearance for the headlight washer?
Can you flip the orientation the other way to a) not block the washer and b) make it less asymmetric for the OCD-afflicted?
Yes to both! Notice how the top of the frame is parallel to the bumper line. It follows the curve of the bumper, very customizable abd doesn’t affect sensors.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That does look good. Maybe later.

Thats where I got all my no front plate fixed it tickets along with speeding tickets at the same time... maybe it was a sign to leave California 🤷🏼‍♂️. Until 2020 I was a resident of California.
Where did you go? Texas? Arizona? Those two States are getting the most Californians at the moment. As a third generation LA native I will only leave if I move to my wife's home town of Sydney Australia....fortunately Polestar is about to arrive there so I am good short of the steering wheel being on the wrong side! 😉

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where did you go? Texas? Arizona? Those two States are getting the most Californians at the moment. As a third generation LA native I will only leave if I move to my wife's home town of Sydney Australia....fortunately Polestar is about to arrive there so I am good short of the steering wheel being on the wrong side! 😉
I hear Australia is nice this time of the year hahaha! I moved to Virginia for IT. It is not too bad to be honest. I wanted Arizona but no tech company wanted me there 😢. I love the dry heat and baseball.

·
Registered
120 Posts

View attachment 9100
View attachment 9101
Doesn't look very aero...but it does give the front some LA vibe : )

·
Registered
934 Posts
You don’t really like any modifications Polestar owners make to their cars, do you ? 🤔
Not sure where you get that from. I myself have my windows tinted and have wrapped the centre console. I like almost all of the full car wraps which I've seen and some of the aftermarket wheels look good. I even like what Dave did with his PP mimic wrap.

This off centre license plate holder just looks terrible though. That one that @fabio posted is infinitely better.

get a life
Thanks for the tip, but I actually already got one! It's reasonably good. Not amazing but not bad either. I'm happy enough with the one I have!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts