Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Off-centre really looks awful.. However not used to a front plate-less car either.
On my old 240 I didn't want to put screws into the license-plates, no plate holders on these old cars to keep it looking the part... So I just used Velcro-tape, so I also could easily remove the plate when washing. It's been sticking to the bumper for 12 years now.

·
Registered
2022 LR Midnight, Pilot+Plus+tow 19"+Nappa no-pp
61 Posts
A mate of mine had one of those side plated Alfa's and where he worked had a barrier driven by a plate recognition camera to let him into the parking area/lot. First day he got it he said he spent at least 10 minutes shuffling around trying to find an angle of attack where the camera would see and read the plate, and cursing the Italian designer who thought it was a good idea and every subsequent day was equally painful even when he knew where to get it. Be careful what you wish for... I'm also in the sorry but that looks totally hideous camp fwiw.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Is it also partially blocking the proximity detectors, or is that not what the white square behind it is?
It's not blocking any sensors. The square behind it is the tow loop attachment point. it is exaxtly this which has been used to mount the plate holder.

Reactions: Malabarfront

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah I really, really don't like that. Same with the Alfa Romeo front plates being off-centre, it just makes the whole front look off-balanced to me.
We never had a choice with the Alfa grill right in the middle. Got used to it eventually. But yeah, definitely keeping the PS2 centered.

·
Registered
2021 Snow PP, Barley Leather Int., Tow Package
144 Posts
That does look good. Maybe later.

Thats where I got all my no front plate fixed it tickets along with speeding tickets at the same time... maybe it was a sign to leave California 🤷🏼‍♂️. Until 2020 I was a resident of California.
Was parked on a street in San Francisco the other night and was issued a citation for no front plate. What a bunch of assholes! Had CHP give me fix it tickits before but this was a new low from my home State. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
120 Posts
Was parked on a street in San Francisco the other night and was issued a citation for no front plate. What a bunch of assholes! Had CHP give me fix it tickits before but this was a new low from my home State. 🤦‍♂️
Sorry to hear that. I once received a ticket for double parking inside at an army post during a very busy drill weekend with insufficient parking spaces...But the kicker was the officer decide to paste a large sticker on my windshield which was nearly impossible to remove and I ended driving home looking through the windshield around this giant sticker...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I once received a ticket for double parking inside at an army post during a very busy drill weekend with insufficient parking spaces...But the kicker was the officer decide to paste a large sticker on my windshield which was nearly impossible to remove and I ended driving home looking through the windshield around this giant sticker...
what a dick move!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yep, welcome to the San Antonio. Yes, it was a San Antonio PD that came into the Army post that issued closed to 60 parking citations that day, it wasn't a military police...
wow really? why did MP's even let them in the gate?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
crap! what area of SF?
Wonder if I need to avoid certain spots or if it's just a matter of time....
I've already marred the look of my Midnight car with the HOV decals. Really don't want to have to mess it up further with a front plate if I don't really have to...

Reactions: RayzorBEV

·
Registered
120 Posts
crap! what area of SF?
I've already marred the look of my Midnight car with the HOV decals. Really don't want to have to mess it up further with a front plate if I don't really have to...
Yeah I saw a White Taycan with those HOV decals, yikes! Wonder if they are easy to remove?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Virginia P2 here as well! Ours didn't have the front plate bracket mounted, but may just have them do it once our plates comes as it's just a lease.

·
Registered
144 Posts
crap! what area of SF?
I was a few blocks from the Palace of fine Arts, Marina District I think? Took my wife to the Banksy art exhibit Saturday then a spot around the corner for a glass of wine before dinner in Japan town. Came back to the ticket that I know see is a correctable citation like a fix it ticket from the CHP. Ordered the Slybracket set up that was posted in this thread. Will prolly take it back off after I get the ticket signed off. I just got my HOV stickers and haven't put them on yet! Can't bring myself to putting a sticker on the any part of the car that's not glass. Hoping I can get away with it but only time will tell. Maybe showing the cert is good enough but usually you get pulled over a citation comes with it. Next month is my appointment for window tint and thats usually when I start getting hassled. I do privacy on back windows, almost privacy on the front doors and then the windshield gets two levels from clear. I'm like magnet for cops with too much time on their hands!

·
Registered
Snow - Pilot - Performance
17 Posts
Same, didn't want to drill into bumper, used sly brackets.
Don't do that, you block airflow to the radiator!

----

I drove for years without a front plate and eventually did get a ticket for it. I attached the plate with HD velcro, went to the court and showed I now had a plate so they dismissed the charges. I feel the same way about drilling holes in a pristine bumper, what if I sell it out of state? The velcro could be removed with a heavy pull and some "goo-gone".

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't do that, you block airflow to the radiator!

----

I drove for years without a front plate and eventually did get a ticket for it. I attached the plate with HD velcro, went to the court and showed I now had a plate so they dismissed the charges. I feel the same way about drilling holes in a pristine bumper, what if I sell it out of state? The velcro could be removed with a heavy pull and some "goo-gone".
Sly brackets clip on and dont require drilling. The little disruption to airflow from a plate has zero affect on coolant systems, especially if its an EV!

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
33 Posts
This might be the first time I am glad our state requires front plates. Mine was drilled and the bracket installed when I took delivery In Minneapolis, and I think it looks fine. I gave up years ago getting concerned about the front plate after it acted like a bumper for my bumper. It took some "parking" damage that otherwise would have gone to the bumper.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate Grille

·
Registered
21’ Snow Performance Pack.
168 Posts
This might be the first time I am glad our state requires front plates. Mine was drilled and the bracket installed when I took delivery In Minneapolis, and I think it looks fine. I gave up years ago getting concerned about the front plate after it acted like a bumper for my bumper. It took some "parking" damage that otherwise would have gone to the bumper.

View attachment 9331
Just keep telling yourself that😉

·
Registered
120 Posts

View attachment 9331
Doesn't look bad at all, especially if you have a cool specialty license plates : )

21 - 40 of 52 Posts