Polestar Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Apologies for hijacking this thread for a slightly irrelevant question, however, it is to do with the USB C connectivity. As most of you may have invested on a dashcam just like myself, how do we connect that to front connectivity ie USB C? In my current car, I plug that to a 12V in the back as I have only USBs and wireless charging in the front.

Is there an after market connector to solve this or only way is to use the 12v in the boot/trunk? Any thoughts?
Just hardwire it with a fuse tap to 12V socket hidden away behind the dash, far neater:

fuse tap to cigarette socket.jpg

I’m going to look into using a hardwired charger for my dash cam I think. That way I can make neat and tidy - fed up of having cables trailed all over the place!
I can’t stand wires showing so have done this to my last 5 cars.

It's a pity there isn't a built in dashcam... or is there... Perhaps the functionality could be added? Who knows?:unsure:
Depends, if it’s Tesla quality footage (think 1970’s TV) I would rather fit a decent and discrete dashcam thanks.

This Blackvue DR650S is 4 year old technology and is far better than the Tesla camera (which wasn’t designed to be used for a dashcam)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Depends, if it’s Tesla quality footage (think 1970’s TV) I would rather fit a decent and discrete dashcam thanks.

This Blackvue DR650S is 4 year old technology and is far better than the Tesla camera (which wasn’t designed to be used for a dashcam)

I think for a fair comparison (Not that I love Tesla cars) a comparison needs to be made what's on the market now to make a decision on car buying so a video needs to be made comparing the Blackvue and Hardware 3 Tesla MCU's image quality. The comparison was made between a Hardware 1 MCU and the Blackvue. I would love to do the comparison but I can't afford a Tesla and a potential Polestar 2 ;)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts