Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contradicting again information I, myself posted, based on info from Polestar themselves earlier who said no North American cars needed any replacement parts.... Well.... the story has changed. It's the opposite. But that's ok, as long as the replacement happens. At least Polestar is doing something about it.
I have been told in person today at a pop-up space that the cars that were delivered to North America (first batch) are all getting the inverters and heaters replaced before being delivered to customers.
It got confirmed in my case that the parts have been shipped to the workshop of the Polestar outfit where I will take delivery of my car. My car has been sitting in port for the last 2 months. The test car from the same batch has a VIN ending on 0074XX. The vessel that delivered these was the same vessel that delivered the other first cars on the East Coast.
I've even been invited to come and witness the replacement myself in the workshop on my own car once it happens because of my technical interest in the matter. That will definitively be interesting to see.
It could be that more recent shipments have this recall addressed at the manufacturing plant (thus new inverters from the beginning), but it's now confirmed that this is not the case for the first North American cars. If I'm allowed, then I will take some pictures for the the technical geeks here when I get to see the replacement.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
Contradicting again information I, myself posted, based on info from Polestar themselves earlier who said no North American cars needed any replacement parts.... Well.... the story has changed. It's the opposite. But that's ok, as long as the replacement happens. At least Polestar is doing something about it.
I have been told in person today at a pop-up space that the cars that were delivered to North America (first batch) are all getting the inverters and heaters replaced before being delivered to customers.
It got confirmed in my case that the parts have been shipped to the workshop of the Polestar outfit where I will take delivery of my car. My car has been sitting in port for the last 2 months. The test car from the same batch has a VIN ending on 0074XX. The vessel that delivered these was the same vessel that delivered the other first cars on the East Coast.
I've even been invited to come and witness the replacement myself in the workshop on my own car once it happens because of my technical interest in the matter. That will definitively be interesting to see.
It could be that more recent shipments have this recall addressed at the manufacturing plant (thus new inverters from the beginning), but it's now confirmed that this is not the case for the first North American cars. If I'm allowed, then I will take some pictures for the the technical geeks here when I get to see the replacement.
Thanks!
I wonder if this was the reason behind the VIN cycling some of us have evidence of happening for our orders?
I started with a 06XXX VIN assigned and now have a 10XXX VIN car. And it seems a couple others had something similar happen.

If folks have unexplained delays to their orders compared to others’ maybe they’re getting the recall work done - while others were able to be cycled to unaffected similar spec cars?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Excellent work. And if I may: Vindication!!! This is what I thought all along, but no one wanted to accept the possibility that our dear cars (which we didn't own at the time!) could be taken apart at the port. In my mind it's the only thing that made sense since some of us have VINs as low as the EU VINs (e.g. 6xxx) and there is no way all the good inverters went on the NA cars and all the bad ones went on the EU cars.

I would love to see the pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe a newbie question but where did you find your vin? I haven't seen any update on the website.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks!
I wonder if this was the reason behind the VIN cycling some of us have evidence of happening for our orders?
I started with a 06XXX VIN assigned and now have a 10XXX VIN car. And it seems a couple others had something similar happen.

If folks have unexplained delays to their orders compared to others’ maybe they’re getting the recall work done - while others were able to be cycled to unaffected similar spec cars?
I hope this is true; my VIN is (maybe) 086XX and was supposed to have it about 1 week ago (well, OK - originally September but we all know how that went...) but haven't heard a peep out of them.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
That's cheating :) The best way is simply to ask Customer Services. WebChat works very well for that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Excellent work. And if I may: Vindication!!! This is what I thought all along, but no one wanted to accept the possibility that our dear cars (which we didn't own at the time!) could be taken apart at the port. In my mind it's the only thing that made sense since some of us have VINs as low as the EU VINs (e.g. 6xxx) and there is no way all the good inverters went on the NA cars and all the bad ones went on the EU cars.

I would love to see the pics. Thanks.
Yes you do deserve an apology since you took it on the chin. Occam's razor.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
😆
Kind of like in advanced diff where you had a solution that went on for pages, but if it didn't ultimately converge you knew it was wrong.
No professor or TA wants to grade an exam with responses that need to be multiple pages.
So if your solution needs multiple pages, you're likely completely incorrect.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
No professor or TA wants to grade an exam with responses that need to be multiple pages.
That's the only way to solve a complex differential equation. For tests the answer is usually simple so the prof knows if you got it, but you won't get to it without pages of calculations. In real world problems, sometimes the answer remains complex even after pages of calculations.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
'Wouldn't know anything about that.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes you do deserve an apology since you took it on the chin. Occam's razor.
View attachment 2124
This is getting too funny !

I got a follow up email today...

That email says : contrary to what we told you yesterday, your vehicle is not affected and the inverters do not need to be replaced ! Only the dealer tester car and the ones on the pop-up space floor need to undergo that swap....

I'll stop posting anything, since it goes from not affected, to affected and again to not affected. BTW all these Polestar people cc'd on these emails are all these same people that are giving me all that contradicting information. I don't know what I should believe anymore.

Doesn't matter - I'm still invited to visit the workshop.... Hope I can get there when they swap the inverters on the demo cars. The engineer in me is still interested to see that from up close !

I did get my VIN (0094XX) today since I need it for the insurance application. I seem to be the first one in BC to apply for insurance and that's quite a process here. The first one gets the honor of filling in all kinds of paperwork that then leads to the first car to get into the government's insurance system and once that's done, everybody else can get insured with the push of a single button...and that with any broker. I finally found a broker that was willing to go the extra mile and call ICBC to start that process, Polestar was helpful in providing me with the VIC codes that are needed to get those forms filled out.

It goes as far as having to submit pictures of my garage to ICBC. I hope the quote for the insurance that I will get from ICBC will not reflect the effort...

So all those in BC who are expecting a car, better be nice to me (I want a hoodie :devilish: from each and everyone of you) or I'll sit on the paperwork a bit longer....

No more posts about inverters now as clearly we'll NEVER find out :) !

·
Registered
4,250 Posts

That email says : contrary to what we told you yesterday, your vehicle is not affected and the inverters do not need to be replaced ! Only the dealer tester car and the ones on the pop-up space floor need to undergo that swap....

I'll stop posting anything, since it goes from not affected, to affected and again to not affected. BTW all these Polestar people cc'd on these emails are all these same people that are giving me all that contradicting information. I don't know what I should believe anymore.

Doesn't matter - I'm still invited to visit the workshop.... Hope I can get there when they swap the inverters on the demo cars. The engineer in me is still interested to see that from up close !

I did get my VIN (0094XX) today since I need it for the insurance application. I seem to be the first one in BC to apply for insurance and that's quite a process here. The first one gets the honor of filling in all kinds of paperwork that then leads to the first car to get into the government's insurance system and once that's done, everybody else can get insured with the push of a single button...and that with any broker. I finally found a broker that was willing to go the extra mile and call ICBC to start that process, Polestar was helpful in providing me with the VIC codes that are needed to get those forms filled out.

It goes as far as having to submit pictures of my garage to ICBC. I hope the quote for the insurance that I will get from ICBC will not reflect the effort...

So all those in BC who are expecting a car, better be nice to me (I want a hoodie :devilish: from each and everyone of you) or I'll sit on the paperwork a bit longer....

🤬 I want my new inverter! And I'm not changing my story. I'm taking it to the Supreme Court! I call fraud!

·
Registered
48 Posts

Do you have a delivery date yet? In Ontario I was told today that it would be end of Jan and into Feb.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm still being told before X-mas by the Polestar Space (dealer) in Vancouver and car would be on its way to BC (a batch of 20). TC has approved release from Port. Haven't seen the final agreement to be signed yet. Who knows. Only time will tell. I'm not betting on anything anymore since the story keeps changing. I'm 100% ZEN about it now. I still have my XC40 recharge on order too - one day a car will show up... First world's problem.
Can they give you your VIN ? (CS). That could maybe help shed some light.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do you have a delivery date yet? In Ontario I was told today that it would be end of Jan and into Feb.
I am one of the first to order and today I got a text that my car will be delivered sometime in December. The Toronto Polestar Space is nearing completion and they are inviting a small number of its first customers (including myself) to their inaugural deliveries at its grand opening. I will let you more details as they come in.
I was told you can log in on their website with your Polestar ID # to get more details on financing, leases and trade-ins. They have an excellent financing rate of 0.9%.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts