Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
He is super impressed which is really good to know. I hope all customer cars are nearly as good as these press vehicles which are reviewed by the journalists

Registered
Also while I think Robert Llewellyn is a really nice guy, he is a little pretentious at times .. not everyone can afford an EV or have a place to park/charge one at home - or even a full barn of Solar Panels a 20kw Battery Pack and 2-3 Ev's! Yet he tries to make you feel guilty from owning a ICE car.

However, he isn't a professional car reviewer - yes he reviews cars but he isn't a car journalist like say Mat Wilson from CarWow is. So I find his view on cars are more from an everyday driver and that's more what I'm after. So it was good to hear he liked it. He did mention the firm ride, but again says it's not a so bad you couldn't live with it.

Registered
He said the P2 is a 100% Chinese car made from 100% Chinese parts. I wasn鈥檛 aware of that. I thought Volvo had a little more involvement than that. Yes, I know they were involved in the design of the car. However what absolutely amazes me is that the reviewer can鈥檛 begin to fathom why some people refuse to buy the car given what鈥檚 happened across the globe, courtesy of the Chinese Communist Govt.

This is a Government that enslaves many people for slave labor, including one Muslim sect. Just last night I was watching a clip on TV of them shipping off by rail cars, blindfolded, some of these unfortunate people, to some unknown location. A bit too reminiscent of a much earlier time when the Nazis were flourishing. Scary.

Yes, as the reviewer suggests, in some instances you have no choice in the purchase of certain electronics, like cellphones, since most are made in China. However even there many components are sourced from different countries. But not all $50,000+ cars are made in China and certainly most are not made 100% from Chinese parts & labor.

I鈥榤 also certain that most who feel this way have nothing against the Chinese people, but rather the Chinese Communist Govt. I will tell you I had an early reservation for a P2, but ultimately for this reason and the questionable service location issues, I cancelled.

Just as an aside, he said that prior to the P2 he felt the Model 3 was the best electric car on the market. He鈥檇 get a lot of pushback from people who know BEVs about that statement. It did give me a reference point for his opinions.

I wish everyone here the best of luck and I鈥檓 sure most will be happy with the P2, but for me it was a bridge too far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts