Polestar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're all used to strangers asking about our car but this was a new one.

I was at a Porsche dealer dropping off a friend to pick up their new car when someone comes up to my car and asks if this is the Polestar he was to pick up. He was looking for an used car trade in. He was probably a jockey there to transfer it to their dealer that bought it from auction.

I look around the lot for another Polestar and noticed a "real Polestar". How you can confuse the Polestar 2 for this Polestar, I'll never know. :ROFLMAO:

What's your funniest interaction owning your Polestar 2?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
Thunder Launch OV70
269 Posts
When I first got my P2 back in Oct-2020 they were a very rare sight, I had only had the car for 2 weeks when I booted it from the traffic lights not noticing a cop car a couple of cars behind me. He pulled me over and leaned into the car and said “having difficulty taking off commander”. He was more interested in seeing the car and let me off with a warning.

·
Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
409 Posts
My funniest moment was yesterday when a Camry TRD pulled up next to me at a stop light. For those that don't know, it's basically a V6 Camry with a TRD body kit with a tighter suspension, a TRD exhaust, and a very unique looking wing and diffusers:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Mountain

It was just another boring commute to work, and I see this Camry making his way around other cars earlier until it finally made it next to me. Now before I go on, I really like Camry's. Previous to my Polestar and IS350, I owned a 2006 SE (3.3L V6) I drove for about 12 years. They are very reliable, and they are very comfortable to drive. The current Camry V6 is fairly powerful, but it's no sports car. And to make matters worse, it's FWD with an open diff. They didn't even bother to put an LSD, or even eLSD on the TRD.

So I'm sitting there at the light and the guy in the Camry seems like he's in a hurry. So I shrug my shoulders and say why not? When the light turns green I pulled on him at the light and saw him try to catch up. At the next light was complete proof that having too much power (301 hp) in a FWD platform without at least an LSD is pretty silly as he was having trouble getting going with the combo tire spin, torque steer and the nannies kicking in. Left him way behind and after hitting 60 I slowed back down. He eventually shot past me going over 70, and I was back to my boring morning commute with a bit of a smile that went away after reaching my place of work

·
Registered
375 Posts
A lady gave me a confused look as to why I was putting takeout in the front hood. I jokingly say "It keeps it warm." and before I could explain it's an EV... she gave me kids these days look and drove off.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The look the local Volvo service manager had on his face when I drove into the service bay back on 2021.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We're all used to strangers asking about our car but this was a new one.

I was at a Porsche dealer dropping off a friend to pick up their new car when someone comes up to my car and asks if this is the Polestar he was to pick up. He was looking for an used car trade in. He was probably a jockey there to transfer it to their dealer that bought it from auction.

I look around the lot for another Polestar and noticed a "real Polestar". How you can confuse the Polestar 2 for this Polestar, I'll never know. :ROFLMAO:

What's your funniest interaction owning your Polestar 2?

View attachment 16148
It would really e awesome if they made an all-electric version of that car. Fast wagons are the best and I'd love to have an electric one.

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
629 Posts
A lady gave me a confused look as to why I was putting takeout in the front hood. I jokingly say "It keeps it warm." and before I could explain it's an EV... she gave me kids these days look and drove off.
Just a QQ: Your takeout wasn't sweet potato cooked on hot stones by any chance?
🤣

(thanks, I'll see myself out)

·
Registered
Dual Motor | Snow | Plus/Pilot/Performance
424 Posts
We’re on holiday in France at the moment and a guy came up to me and asked what kind of Citroën DS i was driving 😅

·
Registered
89 Posts
It would really e awesome if they made an all-electric version of that car. Fast wagons are the best and I'd love to have an electric one.
Taycan Cross Turismo? I'd have definitely bought a Taycan "wagon" if I had the funds. Not a know on Polestar, loving mine at 6mo and 14k miles. But I can dream....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I seriously considered the Panamera e-Hybrid to consolidate vehicles. Big and beautiful car. It's a one car solution but the the size and weight are always obvious. The Taycan wagon is similar. In the end, my toy car will stay and the P*2 takes care of my efficient driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I seriously considered the Panamera e-Hybrid to consolidate vehicles. Big and beautiful car. It's a one car solution but the the size and weight are always obvious. The Taycan wagon is similar. In the end, my toy car will stay and the P*2 takes care of my efficient driving.
I always think Panamera looks awful, especially the earlier generation. But the Taycan CT, now that's a beautiful car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts