Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen discussions/speculations on the future model specs but for life of me can't find the thread and don't think this was shown so here goes a new one.

This info was taken by someone else from a leaseplan site in Europe so no reason to doubt it and if correct show the future models and prices in Euros.

P2 - 63 KWh - Single motor - Standard range - EUR 44,900

P2 - 78 KWh - Single motor - Long range - EUR 48,900

P2 - 78 KWh - Dual motor - Long range - EUR 52,900

P2 - Pilot Plus - EUR 58,900

With the £3000 EV discount we get in UK on top would appear to me to make them competitive when converted into £. Sadly no information on performance, range etc etc

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Interesting - that would make our "Brave souls early edition" good value then as we didn't pay the equivalent of EUR 58,900. About £40k after the grant for the base edition looks very competitive against things like the EQA (starts at more than £40k), BMW i4 and ID.4 etc.

I'm still predicting about 250-275bhp for the single motor, with the range probably about +10% for the single motor variant.

Looking forward to seeing the necessary Bjorn Nyland proof-is-in-the-pudding tests :).

Reactions: Mick

·
Super Moderator
1,397 Posts
The single motor is supposed to have 224HP according to GA in the car which brings up the question whether a 448HP dual engine would be possible :)

In Germany, the launch edition was 58k without the grants incl. 19% VAT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The single motor is supposed to have 224HP according to GA in the car which brings up the question whether a 448HP dual engine would be possible :)

In Germany, the launch edition was 58k without the grants incl. 19% VAT.
With GA do you mean Google Automotive?

Do they store rhe car specs in the system?

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
Interesting - that would make our "Brave souls early edition" good value then as we didn't pay the equivalent of EUR 58,900.
Yes, they definitely massaged the UK price slightly to keep it under the magic 50k. We got it cheaper than most other countries except Norway.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Yes, they definitely massaged the UK price slightly to keep it under the magic 50k. We got it cheaper than most other countries except Norway.
Yeah I think they were very aware of the 50k limit to get the £3k grant, so priced it £10 less than £50k

Its the same as the Model 3 4 LR & Mach-E RWD (ER) version and most probably other cars coming out this year.

Like my 2018 Kia Stinger, which was £10 less than £40k with a paint option (but excluding VAT) so we don't pay the extra £1500 Road Tax over 5 years.

As for future cars I just expect a RWD or AWD version, with the following as options:-
  • Pilot Pack
  • Plus Pack
  • Performance Pack

Plus the normal paint and interior colour combinations, tow bars, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts