1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that an upcoming Volvo below the XC40 is supposed to use that platform. Hopefully other Volvos and Polestars will use it, assuming this quote from the article you linked is correct.
In addition to coming up with marketing numbers like top speed, range, and 0-60 times, the high-speed tests were meant to both test and showcase the ZERO’s chassis technology. Stuff like the car’s electronically-controlled air suspension system, which it claims will help the sporty wagon shooting brake to deliver “class-leading luxurious performance and high-speed handling capabilities.” The results were, reportedly, a sub-four second 0-60 time and a range of about 700 kilometers (about 430 miles) courtesy of an 800-volt battery pack that — again, per Geely — has, “no power degradation for the first 200,000km of its targeted 2-million-kilometre lifespan.”

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hopefully other Volvos and Polestars will use it, assuming this quote from the article you linked is correct
Yes the SEA platform is supposed be common amongst Geely cars, I think that this is one of the first offerings.
I assume that it is meant to be similar to the VW MEB platform used by the ID range and siblings.
Another quote from the article below looks inspiring for the speedy development of a family of cars, potentially across several brands 🤞

“The speed at which we have taken the SEA (platform) based ZERO EV from concept to production-ready is really amazing,” offers Kent Bovellan, the Chief Engineer for the SEA Architecture platform at Geely Auto Group.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been conflicted for a while. I'd really like my next car to be a Polestar or Volvo electric, but I also want a car with a solid state battery, which probably won't be available for a few years (longer lasting, more miles per charge, lighter). If the SEA cars are all they're saying, I'd be very happy with that.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
I've been conflicted for a while. I'd really like my next car to be a Polestar or Volvo electric, but I also want a car with a solid state battery, which probably won't be available for a few years (longer lasting, more miles per charge, lighter). If the SEA cars are all they're saying, I'd be very happy with that.
lease?

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I'll point out that if we all waited for that next, cool, personal computer tech before we bought, none of us would have bought our own computer yet!

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
Good idea, except that I'm a kayaker so I'd need to add a roof rack to anything I buy.
If I understand correctly, all P*2's have the roof rack mounting holes already (mine does but I got the tow package, not roof rack). The roof racks aren't permanent and don't modify the car. So wouldn't affect being able to lease.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll point out that if we all waited for that next, cool, personal computer tech before we bought, none of us would have bought our own computer yet!
True, but my car is coming up on only 62,000 miles, so I'm not looking to buy yesterday. I may not be buying for a few years. I just enjoy window shopping. :geek: Still, I could see myself being very tempted by the SEA platform sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Oh, I'm excited to see that the SEA platform does not come with the awful McPhearson strut suspension that the CMA platform is lumbered with. looks promising.

Reactions: SA69-ev

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I read that the Polestar 3 will be based on the SPA2 platform. Same as the next gen XC90 that will be produced next year. Hopefully we will see it this year.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think I read that the Polestar 3 will be based on the SPA2 platform. Same as the next gen XC90 that will be produced next year. Hopefully we will see it this year.
That could be good too. With the exception of the standard leaf spring rear suspension SPA was great. I hope SPA2 is much more electric focused and not another ICE platform with EV modifications.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That could be good too. With the exception of the standard leaf spring rear suspension SPA was great. I hope SPA2 is much more electric focused and not another ICE platform with EV modifications.
Unfortunately, I believe that Volvo is still planning on doing double duty with their platforms; ICE and EV. That's another reason I'm interested in the SEA platform, because it's exclusively electric.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts