Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't realise that the Performance Pack also includes a specific "Launch" and "G-meter" app which doesn't seem to be available for non-PP cars (inlcuding DM). I saw it on Tom's Ludicrous review, which I recommend viewing: (320) 2022 POLESTAR 2 PERFORMANCE UPGRADE HANDLING TEST DRIVE AUSTRALIA - YouTube .

I can't seem to find anything about this particular app in the Forum. Anyone got any info about it, such as whether it IS downloadable from the App Store, and the the "Launch" function does anything more than simly planting both feet on both pedals and letting the accelerator go?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks like something linked with performance pack as not seen it in the play store.

Just my opinion but... I really don't like videos where people are driving like this on a public road. However good their driving is and however quiet the road is, etc. there is always the potential for something to go wrong and it will often be another driver that pays the price. If he's testing cars to their limit he should go on a track or find a suitable private road.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Performance Pack owner here, and that's the first I've seen of that! I wonder if that's a '22 that's a Polestar Australia corporate car that's already running the next software iteration.

Edit Reading the comments on the video, the reviewer indicates that that app was added as part of the performance software add-on (which is now included as part of the Performance Pack on MY23+ cars).

·
Registered
999 Posts
I want to push this back to the top, because we have people on here that have the performance software add-on. Can those that do, confirm that they now also have this app added? I'm assuming it gets added in the background and is probably automatically added to the same tile as the Range Assistant app.

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
258 Posts
We have the performance pack as well as the performance upgrade here in Australia, and I just checked the car and no performance app in the play store. Also checked on my phone and nothing there 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So where did Tom's in the Ludicrous Feed come from I wonder?

·
Registered
999 Posts
We have the performance pack as well as the performance upgrade here in Australia, and I just checked the car and no performance app in the play store. Also checked on my phone and nothing there 🤷‍♂️
As @lilstevie said, what about on the car itself? It most likely would not be an app available in the app store, it's probably like the Range Assistant app (or the SiriusXM app here in the states) and is directly supplied by Polestar OTA, presumably as part of the OTA performance software in this case.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Pity it's not installed by the upgrade, at least then there would be some way to tell the upgrade actually is installed! (Other than getting the stopwatch out) How would show that it's successfully installed if say you were reselling? Or be sure it's not been overwritten by some future update?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As @lilstevie said, what about on the car itself? It most likely would not be an app available in the app store, it's probably like the Range Assistant app (or the SiriusXM app here in the states) and is directly supplied by Polestar OTA, presumably as part of the OTA performance software in this case.
It was not part of my OTA performance upgrade, which is why I thought it must have been a PP- special. Hope they release it to the general public!

·
Registered
592 Posts
How would show that it's successfully installed if say you were reselling? Or be sure it's not been overwritten by some future update?
They are relying on honesty (they don't seem to have actually seen or met other human beings). They sent you a sticker pack and no one in their right mind would put a sticker on their car that is not actually for the car. Just like this car which is totally a Ferrari Enzo and don't you dare tell me otherwise:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks @sarcastyx and lilstevie, You've solved the mystery. I don't yet have 2.1... hopefully I'll get 2.2 at some point!

I'm still having TCAM issues. Got locked out at night in Jindabyne, and was thrashing about in the dark trying to do a physical reset. Can't see that 2.2 is going to solve that OTA

·
Registered
MY22 Void LRDM P/P/P
258 Posts
Polestar can confirm
I'm still on P1.9.
I don't have the performance upgrade.
I just launched the app store and found the Performance App.
It only displays the G force. No launch timer.
Cheers for the heads up. I just checked the Play store on my phone and it's now showing. Have set it to remote install on the car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've just installed 2.2 and can confirm for me at least that the Performance app is included as an additional icon / app. I don't have performance pack or performance upgrade.

Audio equipment Font Gas Electronic device Circle

1 - 20 of 75 Posts