Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm still on P1.9.
I don't have the performance upgrade.
I just launched the app store and found the Performance App.
It only displays the G force. No launch timer.
Launch timer: Works with the performance software upgrade only. The timer measures your car's performance from take-off.
G-meter: Works with any Polestar 2. Illustrates G-forces while driving.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Polestar can confirm

Cheers for the heads up. I just checked the Play store on my phone and it's now showing. Have set it to remote install on the car.
How do you remote install???

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Launch Ed | Midnight | non-PP | tow hitch | 19” | tinted | ceramic coated
251 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I've just installed 2.2 and can confirm for me at least that the Performance app is included as an additional icon / app. I don't have performance pack or performance upgrade.

View attachment 14974
I have it too. But only a g force meter. Not the timing function someone else showed.

any reason they’re presenting 0.4g increments?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Probably because they wanted 3 rings and they were worried that 0.9g may not be enough (0.3, 0.6, 0.9)? You get about 0.7g at the peak acceleration from other apps and I've seen skidpad numbers around 0.9g. Not sure what the max deceleration would be, but I'm pretty sure 0.9g would have been plenty. I think you would need to hit something to get over 1g!

·
Registered
22 DM Moon/Barley PPP
20 Posts

·
Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
999 Posts
I have SM with Plus pack and 2.0 and was surprised to find this app on my Home Screen. This means that it is not related to 2.2 nor performance pack. I am kind of not understanding how did they pushed it to my car In its own without any update at all??? … unless I have paid for SM but been driving DM and have not noticed until now? … 😂

·
Registered
587 Posts
I don't get it, why is the launch timer not showing for all the cars? Is Polestar saying that people with SM and DM (without the performance upgrade) do not want to time how fast their car gets to 100/62?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've just installed 2.2 and can confirm for me at least that the Performance app is included as an additional icon / app. I don't have performance pack or performance upgrade.

View attachment 14974
I also just received the Performance app. I don't have the performance package and in the us the upgrade is not available It wants to know my position when using the app.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't get it, why is the launch timer not showing for all the cars? Is Polestar saying that people with SM and DM (without the performance upgrade) do not want to time how fast their car gets to 100/62?
The nerve of polestar, giving people who have paid a premium for something a perk for doing so!

It is an exclusive features they provide for users who have paid for the performance upgrade... A perk for stumping up for it.

Totally normal and mirrors what every other product company does for users who pay a premium for certain features.

If you don't pay, you don't get...

Go and buy a draggy if you want to time on a non pu car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I've got it now also, whilst still in 2.0. Will try it tomorrow

21 - 40 of 75 Posts