Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
4.4 is around what the regular 300kW car can do. What are your drive configurations and are you doing the launch procedure?
19" original rims and tires. 83% SoC. Flat and dry tarmac. 22 degrees celsius.
The car was "cold" only 200 meter drive before I did the launch procedure with brake and throttle.

edit Here is someone getting the exact same results with 56% SoC uphill.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Polestar/comments/viq269 /edit

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Thunder, Pilot, Plus
78 Posts
Launch timer: Works with the performance software upgrade only. The timer measures your car's performance from take-off.
G-meter: Works with any Polestar 2. Illustrates G-forces while driving.
MY 22; Pilot and Plus. Performance App showed up today (no 2.2 yet) with G Force meter. Seriously useless information on a car without PP or performance upgrade. So many other things to focus on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
MY 22; Pilot and Plus. Performance App showed up today (no 2.2 yet) with G Force meter. Seriously useless information on a car without PP or performance upgrade. So many other things to focus on.
I have the Performance pack. The app showed up for me today also (no 2.2) and I only have the G Force meter. I don't have any launch screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do not have the performance package but this app has installed itself on my car. I do not have 2.2 - so; did my service centre install the performance upgrade - hence the app or was the app pushed to everyone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wondering if our service centers add the performance to the cars?! How could we tell?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
From my anecdotal experience, the pedal progression and mapping is different after the performance upgrade. You'd notice that the car drives differently. Also I assume they'd give you updated side stickers and the front badge

·
Registered
996 Posts
Regarding the app and whether you have the Performance software or not, it's an easy distinction:

All cars = App with G-meter ONLY

Cars with Performance Software = App with G-meter AND LAUNCH TAB.

·
Registered
MY21, Midnight PP Nappa
127 Posts
Showed up in my 2.0 as well. PP but no PU. Gmeter only.

I'm a little put of that they can do stuff with my apps ota without permission? Probably shouldn't be... But I am.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The nerve of polestar, giving people who have paid a premium for something a perk for doing so!

It is an exclusive features they provide for users who have paid for the performance upgrade... A perk for stumping up for it.

Totally normal and mirrors what every other product company does for users who pay a premium for certain features.

If you don't pay, you don't get...

Go and buy a draggy if you want to time on a non pu car.
What you are saying is that the thousands of dollars that people are spending for the performance upgrade you only get the timer part of the app? The entire point of the app is a gimmick. So why not give the gimmick to everyone forking out good money for a Polestar, regardless of the version they have. And it's not like any new hardware is added with the performance upgrade that would enable the timer. People paying for the performance upgrade (I might be one if Polestar ever bother to deliver my car) pay to get the extra 50kw of power not the timer part of a free app.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
In entirely legal testing of the g meter I find max forward acceleration of 0.4g (maybe that’s why that’s the increment?), and max decel using regen of 0.3g.

It’s truly amazing how much and how quickly lateral g can be induced with what seem to be minor/slow curves. No wonder it’s so easy to get nauseous on the twisties! Most I’ve gotten so far has been 0.6, maybe 0.7

I haven’t found a suitable legal way to push things more than that. I think the linear forward accel/decel numbers are just that with unlikely to get more on flat ground. Lateral could certainly get to be more I suspect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did a test with a stopwatch. To me it seems that the performance app cut off approximately 0,30 seconds in the beginning. The stopwatch with 00:11:03 moves by the g-force at launch and end at 100km/h at 00:15:76 giving a total time of 04,73.
The timing between 60-80-100-120 is spot on to the stopwatch.
See for yourself if you make another interpretation.

Kind of disappointed that I get standard 0-100 after paying for performance.

·
Registered
2021 Midnight PP leather tow
178 Posts
I've only tested it once but it did complain (incorrectly) about missing gps permissions (which I had granted before setting off) when I drove into a tunnel where I assume there was no gps signal. Sigh, why do I always find bugs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Regarding the app and whether you have the Performance software or not, it's an easy distinction:

All cars = App with G-meter ONLY

Cars with Performance Software = App with G-meter AND LAUNCH TAB.
Do you have a Performance Pack? Do you have the Launch Tab? I have the Performance Pack but I don't have the Launch Tab. I wonder if it's a regional thing, maybe USA doesn't get the launch tab.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Do you have a Performance Pack? Do you have the Launch Tab? I have the Performance Pack but I don't have the Launch Tab. I wonder if it's a regional thing, maybe USA doesn't get the launch tab.
You're conflating Performance Pack with Performance software. Any Polestar 2 can get the Performance software (in markets where it is available [not in the USA! :( ]), and it's the Performance software that determines whether you have the Launch tab or not.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts