Polestar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted in a couple of threads but wanted to share my findings (or lack thereof) and to ask a favour for everyone who wants to use a G Suite / Google Workplace account with their Polestar. I upgraded to the previous 'free' version of G Suite...then to a paid version and now they have removed the ability to downgrade it to either a free or personal Google account. It is my main email address/Google account so it has my purchased apps, maps settings and subscriptions for things like YouTube Music which I currently can't use because I can't sign in with my main account. I have an old account from 10+ years ago but I'm not signing up for YouTube Music a second time (and not have any of my existing playlists etc.). The irony is that by being a paid customer of Google, I actually get less functionality than a free/personal user.

I've been trying to get information from Polestar and Google on this but not having much luck. I got a "we are working to include this on Workspace" from Google after a lot of digging to be able to speak to a real person (Google Support via admin console) and Polestar Support have said they "Hope Google add it in future" and that they would try and reach out to the relevant people to see if it is something they can push for a fix.

Seems like Polestar are shifting the blame onto Google but they are the only people with any clout/influence to get this sorted.

There are two things that would be really helpful to raise awareness to Polestar/Google about this:
  1. Contact Polestar support (e.g. raise a ticket) asking when this will be fixed
  2. Send feedback to Google via the car (Settings -> Google -> Send Feedback to Google) - this was suggested/recommended to me by Google as the best way to send feedback to them.
I know a few people have mentioned it on the forums etc. so feel free to post here if you're also wanting to use a G Suite account with your car.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have had a personal GSuite account for many years, so have lots connected to it.

For the car I just used a really old gmail account, then changed my email address on my Spotify account. I also migrated my home nest thermostats and cameras to the new (old) Gmail account as these too do not work with GSuite - and Nest are owned by Google!

I'm happy with the solution for now...

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
Yeah we use GSuite for our business emails and have found that you can't use these with Nest/Google Home or the Polestar Android system.

I also had a separate personal Gmail account too which i've used for the PS2 and Google Home.

Note that your Polestar ID and Spotify accounts don't need to be on the same address as the Google account you sign into the Android system with!

Reactions: Arjo

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue as you. Using a Google Workspace/G-suit account. But mine is still free, never paid for it.

Same issue with Google Maps and YouTube services on the Polestar.

My biggest problem is that I’m a frequent user of google maps. And have several years of point of interest, addresses and alike stored there.
One of the reasons I choose the Polestar 2 was the Google Maps integration.

If there perhaps was a way to migrate Google Maps data to a free account and use it with the Polestar and login with that also on my phone that would work.
But I doubt it would be problem free to run a Private/Free account on Google Maps and then everything else on G-suit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts